Sunday, January 31, 2010

Two Weeks Notice.....

Race day is just two weeks away!! (Cue butterflies).

I went out this morning for my last longer run after a weather delay yesterday (33* and raining, um, no thanks). Weather was chilly (20's) at the start of the run, but the sun came out for the second half and it was pretty enjoyable. My body wasn't as enjoyable however. I felt really nauseous last night and still felt a little funky this morning. I figured I would at least get in an easy 13 miles and crossed my fingers that my stomach would make it through without any excitement. The cold kept me pretty tight for the first 3 miles or so, and combined with my uneasy tummy, I figured I was going to have to work for the miles today. At miles 6 I decided to take my Double Latte Powergel, but to be honest I wasn't sure how I was going to react to it given the circumstances. Surprisingly it went down pretty easy and didn't cause any trouble. It was MUCH MUCH easier to take than Gu. I think its a keeper, but I still want to try the other flavors!

I felt much better for the second half of the run. Maybe it was the sun. Maybe it was the gel. Maybe I was finally warm. Either way I am not complaining! I ended up cranking through 13.1 in 1:56! Huge confidence boost given the blah feelings at the start. I definitely still had energy left over at the end and it was a great way to enter taper time. Now if I can just keep taper madness to a minimum!

Enjoy the rest of your Sunday!

1 comment:

  1. That is awesome! Great run girl and I'm glad the gels worked better for you. You're so ready to rock!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...