Friday, February 12, 2010

Fuelin' up Friday

First, Big THANKS to Tall Mom for the high-five today! If you’ve never checked out her Friday high-fives, give it a look. It’s a great idea and it always puts a smile on my face.

Today’s fueling report is about pancakes (again). I am travelling to Birmingham tomorrow with two friends who are both running the half (their second). To wish us all luck and help us carbo load, one of their roommates is throwing us a Pancake/Good luck dinner tonight with a whole bunch of friends! You all know how much I love pancakes/all things breakfast related, so I was elated when she asked me if it was a good idea! I probably should mention that she is also the brave soul who is dog-sitting for me this weekend. I think she is up for Friend of the year! I don’t think I’ve ever had such an exciting send off before a race! I just have to remember to pace myself with the pancakes! Don't want to pull anything in a pancake induced furry.

I’m sure some of you have noticed that the south is getting another visit from Old Man Winter today. As a transplanted northern, I quickly learned that there are a few things southerns can’t handle: snow and living without the ability to deep-fry. The snow only seems appropriate since it snowed the day before my last race and nearly shutdown the city. The good news is that it is a straight shot on I-20 from ATL to Birmingham (Yes, that same highway 20 ride that the Zac Brown Band sings about), so we only need the main roads to be clear. As long as I get there, I can make it work.

Hope you all have a great Friday and a good running weekend! I promise to do my best to keep you updated about the race and take some pics!

2 comments:

  1. GOOD LUCK GIRLY!!!!!!!! Rock that race! Can't wait to read all about it and see the pics!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw your high-five on Tall Mom's blog. GOOD LUCK! I'm excited to read your race report!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...