Friday, February 19, 2010

Fuelin' up Friday

No new fueling news to report. I consider Birmingham a success with 2 gels taken (1 vanilla at mile 6/7, 1 Raspberries and cream at mile 14/15) and a half dozen or so orange slices. I did capture this fun pic before the race of everything I stuff in my sportsbra (well, besides me). I always joke that my sportsbra is the ultimate carry-on because I have extra room for whatever else I need. Sometimes I even put my camera in there along with my keys, but sunday it was just food, ID (for the free beer in case, I have priorities), and the room key. I was definitely sporting a b-cup at the start. Maybe that is how I got all those running buddies!
Gels make the perfect waterbra.
In other news, I went for a nice 3 mile recovery run yesterday. I decided to run on the dreadmill to make sure my unbridled running excitement didn't take over and I could control my pace. Body feels good for the most part. Legs were still a little tired and baby toes still resemble cherry tomatoes (be happy I didn't post pics of those), but all in all I'm doing well.
Also, Brightroom posted race photos from Sunday (note to self: don't wear long spandex in a race unless you are prepared to see them from every angle). High comedy as usual. I think they only took pictures of me from mile 23 on. I am just bummed they didn't get a photo sequence of me around mile 6 trying to take off my longsleeves. I managed to get one arm out before I realized that I had pinned my bib through my shortsleeve shirt as well (huge rookie mistake!). Needless to say, I created a yard sale of stuff across the course at one point as I dropped my longsleeves, iPOD, and gloves all while I had a mouth full of safety pins. Good times.
Hope you have a great friday and good luck in all those races this weekend! I can't wait to hear all about them.

1 comment:

  1. I can not believe you rock all of the in your sports bra! Amazing! And with no chafing? I must learn your secrets. I'm always picking my race day outfits by what can fit the most gus, my ipod, my camera...sports bra stuffing would really help me out!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...