Sunday, February 28, 2010

The hills are alive.....

I decided to run a hillier route that I enjoy for this weekend's long run. It has been awhile since I had tackled the hills, and I paid for it. The majority of the hills are in the first 4 miles of the route with one long one at the end that is the entire final mile. I was dragging my butt up them and I just had no bounce in my step. It might be that I did my first hard workout since the marathon on Thursday (5 miles of intervals) and the legs were still recovering. Either way, it was a beautiful day out and I got in 9.25 miles. I snapped a few pics along the way.
Candler Park: Sky so blue!

Non-runners out for a walk and brunch.
I did notice during my run that I am supinating a lot. This is causing my poor little toes to get crushed during runs and bleed (no bleeding today though). Also the outside of my foot was hurting a bit. So I'm definitely in the market for new shoes and hopefully that will improve things.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend and all the races are going well!

1 comment:

  1. Good job on your 9+ miles on what doesn't sound like an easy route! Like the pictures.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...