Saturday, February 20, 2010

On the Road again.......

Just couldn't wait to get on the road again!

The weather here in the southeast is fantastic this weekend! We finally have a few days that are rain and snow free with lots of sunshine! To celebrate I headed out to the Silver Comet Trail and joined a friend for her first double digit run ever! She is one of a group of friends headed down to Disney Princess Half Marathon in a few weeks and she wanted a little company for her 10 miler. I tagged along with my fuel belt (or the running mini-bar as she refers to it) to provide fluids/snacks and mindless stories. We couldn't have asked for a prettier day.

The run was really nice. Her pace is a little slower than my usual, so it was a nice way for me to stretch the legs out and see how the toes are doing. I have to say, her pace is incredibly consistent and her attitude was excellent! She is going to rock the race. My toes hit their limit around 10 miles and I ended up having to give them a little extra TLC in the afternoon. After significant drainage, the toes are feeling a little better and are hopefully on the road to recovery.

Hope everyone is having a good weekend! Can't wait to hear about all the races.

1 comment:

  1. I love your header with all the shoes. People think of great shots for these! I love Maine and thoroughly enjoyed my days there. I hated to leave but Vermont is pretty darn nice too.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...