Wednesday, February 10, 2010

What to wear.......

With race day rapidly approaching, I find myself going over all the details to make sure I am ready:
Extra Fuel purchased..............................Check
Registration Confirmation.....................Check
Hotel confirmation..................................Check
iPod +Garmin charged............................Double Check
Dog-sitter arranged.................................Check
Race day outfit clean and ready.............um, not sure?

The weather for race day has been bouncing around like a pogo stick, so I can't for the life of me figure out what to wear. It looks like it is going to be a game time decision at this point. I'll have to pack everything from the long spandex to shorts, but I guess if that is my biggest struggle for the next few days, I don't have anything to complain about.

Now for a quick game of high-point/low-point:
(Its a game we used to play to process our day and check in with each other when I was volunteering abroad).
High-point: I figured out today that Birmingham is in the central time zone! This means it won't feel as early on race day when I get up for fueling!
Low-point: I woke up this morning mildly congested. Not even kidding. All day I have been mainlining airborne and doing lines of EmergenC off my desk. Keep your fingers crossed.

Hope your week is going well! Feel free to share your high-point/low-point. I think its a great way to think about your day!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for your comment and I will totally link you in tomorrow for a High Five. Question: Is this your first Marathon??

    You sound so ORGANIZED so I doubt that it is. Weather is always the big ??? for Marathon day, if Race Organizer could just plan that part. LOL!!

    Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...