Sunday, March 7, 2010

Somedays just click

Yesterday was beautiful here in the ATL. The sun came to visit us and it was just warm enough to wear short sleeves on my run. I went out for a long run, but the first mile was a struggle. As much as I wanted to take advantage of the weather, I began to think maybe I should just run a 3 mile loop, call it day, and give it another shot on Sunday. Luckily by mile 2 my stride began to loosen up and I hit a good rhythm. My legs felt strong, the sun felt nice, and I was hitting all green lights along the road. It was one of those days when everything just clicks. There were tons of runners out getting in their last long run before the ING Marathon in 2 weeks (I was running a segment of the course). I ended up completing the same long run that I did last Saturday, only 5+ minutes faster! It felt great to maintain a strong tempo for the entire run. What a difference a week makes!

Hope you all had a good weekend and have a good start to the week!

1 comment:

  1. 5 minutes faster! That is great. Good for you!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...