Wednesday, May 12, 2010

May Madness.... Why should March have all the fun?

So I am deep in the heart of my May Madness of racing (3 races, 4 weekends, 40+ miles of racing, which wouldn't be such a big deal if thesis hadn't killed my training) and I am prepping for the biggest one: Ragnar Relay. To be honest the last race is just a silly victory lap with Viking helmets, but I'm still counting it.

Tomorrow we depart from peaceful Maine (up here for my bi-annual visit with the family) and head to Boston to pick up the remaining team members (we're a ragtag bunch coming from all over the country). The relay begins in Woodstock NY and, in a most fitting weather report, rain is in the forecast. Hopefully it’s not a reenactment of the original Woodstock, But alas, we will still be a bunch of nuts riding around in a van for several days, as we wonder through upstate New York.

My poor running shoes can't handle another day like this!

(Credit)

In fact we are 6 nuts. Special enough to think needing an extra 6 runners was unnecessary. Something we may come to regret. Since we are 6 we each get to run back-to-back legs three times during the race totally 25 to 36 miles per person for the entire relay. Nothing too crazy, but I can only imagine how I will feel crawling out of the van for my last leg. I am lucky enough that my first leg is my longest (16miles) and they get progressive shorter each time. Hopefully my IT band appreciates this fact.

All in all, I am very excited for the weekend and hope to have some exciting running tales to tell when I return.

Hope you have a good weekend!

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...