Friday, July 23, 2010

Fuelin' up Friday

Fuelin' up Friday has returned! I'm sure you are all starving from the lay-off!

After a little thinking (no, I did not hurt myself), I realized that in 2 of my recent races (race 1, race 2), both of which were very warm, I puked after eating energy gels. I know! I thought we had solved the problem too, but it appears that I have trouble tolerating the energy slime when I'm hot. So its back to the drawing board for more options.

Recently I saw one of the gatorade ads for their "series" products with Usain Bolt bouncing around on the track pre work-out, and I thought I might give them a shot so I̶ ̶c̶a̶n̶ ̶f̶i̶n̶a̶l̶l̶y̶ ̶b̶r̶e̶a̶k̶ ̶1̶0̶ ̶s̶e̶c̶o̶n̶d̶s̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶1̶0̶0̶m̶ ̶d̶a̶s̶h̶ I can stop puking.
A friend found them recently at the local grocery and got one for me to try (Three Cheers for friends who are sick of hearing my race-vomit stories). Though my current running mileage doesn't exactly warrant fueling at this point, I think I will try it out before one of my long bike work-outs. It's supposed to be used prior to work-out not during, and I when I got my hands on it I realized why. It's a full 4oz! Almost the size of a juice box. If I stuck two of those in my bra, I would be a C-cup and have no room left for my keys, ID, phone, and camera. Either way, I'm excited to give it a try. It contains 25g of carbs (about the same as most gels) but I am hoping it has a better taste/texture.

Happy Friday to all! Have a good weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...