Monday, August 23, 2010

Easin' back into it

Operation regain fitness is going well. So far the plan is to run 3 times a week, with no run really over 3 miles or so. I figure that is enough to get everything loose for a good stretch without risking over exerting or piling it on too quick. I hope to add in 1 or 2 days of cross-training as my schedule allows.
Saturday I went for a nice, but rather sweaty, 3 miler. The weather is doing its part to keep my milage in check (90+ degree heat with 80 percent humidity for Saturday's 3. I missed you too Mother nature) and I seem to return home after each run looking like a tomato (sorry, no pictures). Either way it feels good to sweat and I never regret getting out there no matter how sluggish my pace. No major soreness or pains to report so far. I make sure not to run on consecutive days in an attempt to ease my IT band back into running rhythm.

Keep your fingers crossed!
Happy Monday!

1 comment:

  1. I need to take some of your advice. I ran Sat. and Sun. but listened to my body (so hard so hard) today and did not run.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...