Monday, August 16, 2010

Hot child in the city.

Thanks for all the well wishes about the new apt! So far I am really liking it and am very happy with the move.

Its been a bit hot here in the south lately making it a little more challenging to reclaim my fitness. To make matters worse, the only thing I was running last week was a temperature, making it seem even hotter (106 heat index + fever+flu=sweating while sitting still). I managed/was forced to get in a daily dog walk and I am exciting about the new running routes in my new hood. I'm back to moderate good health this week, and I will probably venture out for some sort of run/walk today.

Does anyone have any tips for returning to fitness after injury or illness? I've set a few goals for late fall (nothing drastic, just races I'd like to complete), so I'm just going to take it slow with short outings for a few weeks. Any advice is welcome!

Happy Monday!

1 comment:

  1. Having a fever in hot weather sounds horrendous!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...