Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Brick by brick

As I continue to chug away at Operation regain my fitness, I've got some good news to report!

Last week I managed runs on back to back days (I know, its the little things at this point) with no pain or soreness! The first day I ran a nice 3 miler and felt fairly strong throughout. On the second day, I headed out to Silver Comet trail for a nice Brick workout. I decided to go with sprint tri distances to make sure I didn't overdo it and headed out for 12 delightful miles on my bike, followed by a nice 5k run. I love riding my bike out at comet because the trail just goes on and on (it goes all the way to Alabama, but I don't go quite that far yet) and it doesn't feel like the city at all. The weather was great and the trail was abuzz with athletes of all types making the most of it. Overall, it was one of my best training days since the IT band injury and I am really hopeful to start adding on a little mileage on my run this weekend. The baby-steps method seems to be working pretty well and I am very happy with my progress. I've continued to stretch and do some targeted strength training.

I think I have to give a little shout-out to my old friend Mother Nature for providing me with an entire weekend of temps in the 80's! It was even in the 60's when I started my bike ride on Saturday! This northerner thought it was Festivus in September. Needless to say, I think Mother Nature and I have made up.

Hope you all are having a good week!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds great! I'm still in the very discouraged camp myself.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...