Sunday, August 18, 2013

Marathon Training: Week 4


A good omen for marathon training.
Monday: 4 miles on the dreadmill.  I managed to wear a complete matching outfit including headband.  I can't manage to even wear matching clothes to work.  Happy to report that the apocalypse didn't occur.

Tuesday: Cross training and weights.  25 minutes on the bike. Lunges, Leg press, hip strengthening exercises, and planks.

Wednesday: 6 miles Tempo run on the treadmill. I felt pretty good the entire run. Also got my cross training in with some vacuuming.

Thursday: 4 miles on the treadmill.  I was pretty busy at work (some areas of my job don't allow food or drink) and didn't realize how poorly hydrated I was until I got on the mill.  I was driving the Struggle bus the entire run and had to work too hard for it.  Ah, the powers of hydration.

Friday: Rest Day. Went to a going away party for our friends who are moving to Mozambique! Jealous.

Saturday: 10 miles in 63 degree weather (a mere 30 degrees cooler than last week's long run).  seriously, 63 degrees in ATL in August.  I thought I was dreaming. It was lovely and I finished strong.  Funny thing happened at mile 6.  A gentleman and I reached a corner at the same time and he paused to let me turn first because I was moving faster (he was walking).  I waved to thank him and he promptly gave me a huge thumbs up and called out "Going for the gold! Watching out, the Russians are gaining on you, but I won't let them catch you."  I laughed for the entire next mile.
Here we are staying out of trouble.
My good friend, Jo, has come to the darkside started a blog.  It's safe to say I know Jo pretty well. We have been teammates on 3 relays (we are a team of 6 so we are pretty tight).  That means we have spent close to 100 hours in a van together and still like each other!  She has even had the honor of holding my hair back while I have barfed multiple times on 2 of those relays (3rd relay I did it all by myself!). If you like running, triathlons, and a fun view on life, then check out her blog.  Oh, and I am sure there will be a good dose of silly!
Jo enjoying some moments during the relays.
Find her at: http://thedailycupofmojo.blogspot.com/ or on twitter @DailyCupOfMoJO

How was your week?  Any races or runs to report?

10 comments:

  1. I love that......driving the struggle bus. Good way of putting it. I've driven that bus myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It makes it sound not as horrible!

      Delete
  2. We are having unseasonably cool weather here in Kansas too. It was lower 60's for my long run yesterday and I loved every minute of the cooler temps! Sure doesn't feel like August, but I'm not complaining at all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope, no complaints here either!

      Delete
  3. What a cool guy! He would have me laughing too. Great work on the workouts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so odd, yet funny. Never had anything like that on a long run.

      Delete
  4. Great post!! I feel you on the hydration thing...I know it's so important to do, but I still forget to drink up on a pretty regular basis. You'd think I'd learn, but nope!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! There are just some days at work when I am too busy to make it back to my desk for fluids. No much I can do!

      Delete
  5. Great training week! We're having unseasonably cool weather too and I'm not complaining :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Wasn't it great?! It's over here, but it was such a nice break!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...