Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Marathon Training: Week#2

Sorry for the late update. I was under the weather then in a world without internet/phone reception (these places still exist!).

I was treadmill bound for most of this weeks runs to give my foot and hips a break while I work on strengthening. I am happy to report I did not die of boredom and think I am seeing improvements in the foot-hip complex.

Monday: 4 easy miles on the 'mill.

Tuesday: 25 min cross training on the bike and the usual lifting. Sporting my new shirt for lifting days.  It looks even funnier on my chicken arms.

Wednesday: 5 miles tempo on the 'mill.  Felt good with no foot discomfort.  I think flat running is paying off as far as foot recovery.

Thursday: 4 easy miles on the 'mill.

Friday: Rest day. Popped by the local running store to stock up on fuel and get some new kicks!  I was long over due for new running sneakers, but was a little gun shy after my last pair didn't work out so well.  Full update coming soon.

Saturday: Woke up feeling like death.  Major migraine. Seeing as I was driving to TN later in the day for a few days vacation, I opted for some extra sleep and meds.  First missed run of the cycle.

Mini goal for next week: Get in two workouts while on vacation with the Jayhawk and his family.

14 Weeks until race day!

How was your week?

10 comments:

  1. THis is an easier week for training since I have the tri on the weekend. I count that as a bike, swim and run so those aren't in my plans this week. I had a wonderful relaxing bike ride today. HIlly but I went slow and loved it. One more long run and I am done until the tri.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry about the migraine. Those are awful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to hear you are feeling better. Migraines are the worst, I used to get them but luckily do not any more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Luckily I don't get them often, but, yes, they are the worst!

      Delete
  4. I missed 3 days of training while on vacation, but it was totally worth it. Hope you can find a balance and have an excellent vacay.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It was great to have a little break.

      Delete
  5. I saw some of your pics of your exercises on your previous post-I've done them all and still do some :) they should help! smart to stick to the treadmill while you are healing back up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh,glad to hear they worked for you! So far, so good.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...