Sunday, September 1, 2013

Marathon Training Week #6

Monday: 4 miles on the mill.  I had aimed for 'easy' after Saturday's first big long run (mentally I don't find them long until I break 2 hours on the run), but my legs felt good.  Not even heavy.  So I still tried to keep it under wraps a bit, but it was the fastest 4 miler I have had in the past few weeks. No lingering effects of Saturday's run (foot or muscle). Woowoo.

Tuesday: 25 minutes on the bike followed by some lifting (hips, squats, arms). Felt sluggish.

Wednesday: 6 mile run commute home. It was a sweatfest.  But it's always important to remember, it's not sweat, it's liquid awesome.
It's been a long, hot summer.
Thursday: 3.5 easy on the treadmill.  Realized I hadn't done an easy run all week and my body was needing one.

Friday: A well needed Rest Day. Stopped by REI to pick up some new fueling options that I had been scoping out.  More to come on that.

Saturday: 15 miles. It was hot and humid early.  Took everything to stay with it.  Not to mention there was a lot of foot traffic on my route because of all the festivals in town.
15 is good enough for me.
Mini goal for next week: Take it one day at a time.  I have a big running weekend this weekend (more to come on that) and it continues through next week with a busy work week.  Cut back week the following week will be well earned!

How was your week?

4 comments:

  1. Wow. Your week looks great.
    I am still trying to take things easy.
    Did an okay 16, but the leg injury really kicked at 12 so finishing was tougher than I would have liked.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I think finishing 16 milers is tough no matter what, but great job sticking it out for the last 4!

      Delete
  2. I'm curious about the new fueling options. Good luck with your next week of training.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Trying newer items! We will see what happens.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...