Monday, September 23, 2013

Marathon Training Week #9

Thanks for everyone's nice comments on my half marathon recap! It was a really fun day.

Monday: 4 easy miles.  I wasn't sure how my legs would feel after Saturday's race, but overall they are doing well.

Tuesday: Took the day off.  Was feeling a bit overtired and my allergies were definitely feeling whatever fall is bringing. Turns out it's various weeds.

Wednesday: 6 mile run home from work!  I always enjoy a good run commute.

Thursday: Off, Mixing up the schedule this week.
Did you participate?
Friday: National Run @ Work day!  I often run at work (I use the work gym), but today I had a few comp hours to burn, so I left a little early to get in a long run around work.  There are some beautiful neighborhoods with large lovely houses and tree lined streets near my work.  They are some of my favorite streets to run in the city.
 At least my route was pretty even if my running wasn't.
I was hoping to get in my 16 mile long run, but it was a little warmer than expected and my body just wasn't having it after a long day at work.  I got in 14 and the proceeded to lay on the living room floor like I was dying.  I'm not dramatic at all.

Saturday: Off day after Friday's long run. I was sore and just in need of a break. The U-10 soccer girls kicked some major butt at their morning game and then it was off to JapanFest to watch some sumo wrestling.  Over all not a bad day.

Low point of the week: Feeling like I was crawling through my 14 miler on Friday.  When I got home, I was exhausted and sore like I had just run 20.  Not the confidence booster I was looking for.

Highpoint of the week: I fueled TWICE during the 14 miler.  I can only imagine what I disaster I would have been if I wasn't able to do that.

How did you week shape up?  How do you rebound mentally after a tough run?

14 comments:

  1. I only got in 4 days out of 6 and wasn't able to do my 20, so it was rough. I guess I try to just get through it by promising myself it will get better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It will! That is the good thing. There are always ups and downs and that is what I have to remind myself!

      Delete
  2. I was fighting a chest cold all week, so it was a sad pitiful week :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So sorry! Hope you are feeling better!

      Delete
  3. I wish I could run at work! My week was fabulous :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to hear you had such a great week!!

      Delete
  4. I topped off my week (and season, actually) with a new 5k PR so that was awesome! Taking a rest week now, before starting my winter block :)

    During the humidity this last summer I've had some incredibly difficult runs. Sometime's it's not about how it felt, but just that you got out there and did it. And honestly, getting through them is enough to make em good runs ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congrats on the PR!! Awesome way to cap it off! Training for anything big this winter?

      Delete
  5. I often find the next run after a tough one is just fine. I hate those tough ones though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you. Running has its ups and downs. It's all about getting back out there.

      Delete
  6. Great job on the runs. And hey, maybe we could trade houses. You could train in the nice, cool Alaska autumn weather and I could bask in the southern heat. Cheers and happy running.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I would totally be up for a trade. I am originally from Maine and I miss the snow so much! :)

      Delete
  7. Great job! I'm always amazed at people who squeeze in a run at work. I'd be a sweaty mess for the rest of the afternoon even with a shower!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I run after work. I can't do it midday because I would be a mess the rest of the day! I don't understand how people do it.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...