Monday, November 25, 2013

We're going streaking!

As I mentioned the other day in my Runner's Festivus wish list post, the holidays are bearing down on us and in an effort to make the holidays fun, the Jayhawk and I are going streaking and we are inviting you to join us. It will be a group thing. Heck, we might even get the dog involved.
I'm not sure I like the sound of this.
Now that your mind is sufficiently confused, we are actually talking about a running (or workout) streak!  In an attempt to ward off the holiday pounds and excuses about being too busy, we have decided to challenge ourselves (and anyone who would like to join us) to 1 mile per day, everyday from Thanksgiving until New Year's.  If you are not able to run like the Jayhawk who is currently rehabbing a nasty hammy pull, you can substitute another way of being active for 15 minutes each day (cycling, competitive dog walking, intense vacuuming, etc).  The point is to not let the craziness of the holidays prevent you from being the awesome active person that you are.
We all love to eat gingerbread men, but no one wants to look like one. Well, he is kind of cute.
To cap it all off, we are doing Something Fun on January 1.  It can be anything that you think is fun and active.  Maybe a snowball fight if you are lucky enough to live in a winter wonderland, or a trail hike to watch the sunrise on New Year's Day.  It just has to be something fun to celebrate your hard work and start the new year off right.

So we hope you can join us for a nice streaking party.  Stop back and visit to link up your activity reports.

How do you stay active during the holidays? Do you have any fun New Year's traditions?

6 comments:

  1. We always do a race on New Year's Day. It's a great way to start the day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Streaking is a great idea! But first, I'm going to do a lazy streak through Thanksgiving. Then I swear, I'm in!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Always important to taper heading into the streak!

      Delete
  3. I think I'm going to attempt my own streak - make sure to eat chocolate every day from Thanksgiving until Christmas. I'm scared of injuries! But I live in a third floor apartment, so just hauling all the gifts/groceries up the stairs counts for extra this season, I swear! :P

    New Year's Tradition - read our resolutions aloud, and hand out paper plate awards after midnight!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck with your streak. I think you can do it. But be careful! Stretch before carrying things up the stairs. Bend with the knees, not the back!
      I love the awards! Great idea.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...