Wednesday, December 11, 2013

26.2 with Donna Marathon here I come!

I am very excited and honored to announce that I've been named a race Ambassador for the 26.2 with Donna Finish Breast Cancer Marathon in Jacksonville, FL this February!
In addition to getting the chance to run my 7th marathon, I have the opportunity to continue to raise awareness about cancer research and programs. After watching several close friends battle breast cancer, I am on a mission to raise awareness that breast cancer can strike at any age.

I can't wait to meet the other Ambassadors and work with the amazing team at 26.2 with Donna.  As always, I will keep you up to date with my race prep! Come join us!

8 comments:

  1. Congrats! I guess your training won't involve donuts this time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I think I will have to wait until post race for the donuts!

      Delete
  2. Congratulations! That is awesome. I think anytime you can run while supporting a cause is well worth the training and the run itself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I absolutely agree. I think charity running and cycling are great ways to put training to another good use!

      Delete
  3. That sounds like a great opportunity. One awesome thing about being a runner is all the good causes and charities we are able to support and raise awareness for.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Very true. There are tons of charity races. It's exciting to see how much awareness they raise!

      Delete
  4. That's awesome :) 7 is a lot of marathons

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...