Monday, December 30, 2013

Holiday Streak Recap

I hope everyone had a great holiday season. Here in Atlanta, we had a slightly bizarre holiday season weather-wise with days ranging from 40 degrees and raining to 70 and sunny.  I ended up wearing every type of running gear I own. The joys of life in the south.  Despite the odd holiday weather swings, we were able to maintain a holiday mood and had a great end to the year.

But on to other things.  Important things.  Streaking things.  How did every one's holiday workout streak turn out?  Much like the weather, we had mixed results here.  Initially, I started with an all running streak.  I made it 16 days running at least one mile per day (some days were combined with biking as well), but for a mix of reasons, I broke the streak.  First, I felt like the quality of my workouts was dropping due to the monotony.  Sure, it is only a mile, but I don't do well with boredom, so my actual workouts started to suffer.  On top of that, I quickly shifted back in to marathon training upon finding out that I am a 26.2 with Donna Marathon to Finish Breast Cancer Ambassador.  Both of these items combined to re-introduce rest days into my schedule and adjust my approach to the whole streaking thing.  Despite of not officially streaking the entire time, much was still learned and gained from the experience. Here is a breakdown of my workouts for the 34 day period.

Days worked out: 28 out of 34 days

Longest consecutive streak: 16 days

Number of miles logged: 82.44 Running, 30.2 Cycling, 5 Hiking

Fastest mile, Running: 7:45

Slowest mile, Running: 9:20

Average Run length: 3.75 miles

Shortest Run: 1 mile

Longest Run: 10.5 miles

Training plans started: 1 marathon, 1 donut dare

Races: None, but many days were spent dreaming about and planning for races.

Number of Holiday Treats consumed: Not sure, but I am positive that it is more than the number of days I worked out and I don't regret a single one. :)
How did the holidays turn out for you? Who has plans to do Something Fun on January 1?

Feel free to link up your holiday streak recap or recent training recaps here.  I'm excited to catch up with everyone post holidays and hear how your streaks went!

13 comments:

  1. I was somewhat interested in streaking but so many people seemed to find it hard for one reason or another. I think I'll concentrate on other things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also consumed vast amounts of treats and goodies. I actually am still consuming them because we still have so many around the house. Great job on the 16 day streak. That is still amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got my workouts in right at the end, unless lifting a glass from the table to my mouth counts. I did swim while I was home, which feels so great on the body compared to running. Found a decent underwater MP3 player to motivate me. No streak, alas, unless yesterday and today count. But that's better than nothing. Can't wait to keep hearing about your adventures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congrats on getting back at it. Tell me more about the underwater MP3 player.....

      Delete
  4. Good for you on running 16 days straight! Same crazy weather here in Texas! (But I'm not complaining about the cold!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The cold was really refreshing here. My inner northern loved it. :)

      Delete
  5. I didn't do the Holiday Streak this year. Or any streak. I've been a bit too lazy lately. I am starting a yoga challenge on Jan 1st, though. I'm excited about that!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh, a yoga challenge sounds like a great idea!

      Delete
  6. Great job on your streak! I didn't do one this year. I did last year and went for 31 days, but did not enjoy feeling like I "had to" run.
    Congrats on being selected to be a Run with Donna ambassador! That's fantastic :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 31 days is awesome! I am totally impressed.

      Thank you! I'm pretty excited.

      Delete
  7. Your slowest mile is my fast pace ;) awesome running, you had a great streak of training for your upcoming marathon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am not a huge fan of streaks. I did one once, got hurt with about a week left, was to stubborn to stop, and OUCH! Glad you did what you needed to do and didn't let the streak stop your training.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...