Sunday, December 29, 2013

#RunDonna Marathon Training: 9 weeks to go!

Here is a recap of my training 9 weeks from race day!

Monday: 6 miles on the mill.  I kept it easy and enjoyed my new play list.  Turns out Lady Gaga makes me dance a little while on the treadmill. Who knew.  You are welcome for the show fellow gym lovers.

Tuesday: 30 minutes on the bike followed by strength training.  The gym was very quiet, so I took extra time on strength training and pushed a little harder.

Wednesday: 6.6 miles.  Very slow start to the run.  I was a still a little tired from strength training only 16 hours earlier.  After a few miles I did get into the grove and over all pace wasn't too bad.

Thursday: 5.4 miles run-commute home from work.  Yeah, I worked through the holidays, but the good news is that I felt really productive.

Friday: 25 minutes on the bike to loosen everything up and get in a good stretch.

Saturday: 10.5 miles.  This was my longest run since Chickamauga Marathon. No major problems and it felt good to be out there putting in a long effort.

Sunday: Rest day!

A good training week.  I hit every mile that was on my plan and got in two cross training days.  Overall, my body is feeling good, but a little more tired from the mileage increase.  I did notice that I don't have a large pace difference between my workouts. My average pace for my 4 runs this week was 8:25, 8:35, 8:45, and 9:05 for my long run.  I know I should be running my long runs slower, but it doesn't always feel good to slow down.  It seems like my stride changes if I slow down too much.  Does anyone else have this problem?  Thoughts? Opinions?

Hope everyone had a good week!  How was your training?

3 comments:

  1. Awesome job getting in all your mileage.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the same problem when trying to run slower. I have to concentrate harder on my form than when I am running at a faster pace. Looks like a good week of training, especially during the holidays. Good job. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you had a great week! I'm with you on slowing down but just be careful to not go out to fast. It's better to have a good even pace that you know will give you a successful run opposed to a faster one that can cause injury.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...