Sunday, December 22, 2013

#RunDonna Marathon Training Week #10 Recap

I've decided this training cycle to count down the weeks. It reminds me that 26.2 with Donna is coming soon and I better get moving!

Monday: 3.1 mile easy run on the treadmill.  The run reminded me that I definitely need a new playlist.  At this point, I can tell my mileage based on what song is playing.  I went home and made a new playlist and then promptly forgot to sync it to my iPod.
This box of Donna goodies has helped get me motivated to run!
Tuesday: 5 mile tempo run home from work. I was happy with my pace and it included 2 solid climbs. Woowoo!  Still did not sync iPod.

Wednesday: Looooooong work day.  No time for the gym. :(

Thursday: 3.1 miles on the treadmill.  I did my 'progressive k's" workout where each kilometer is faster than the previous one.  It makes life on the treadmill a little more interesting even if you didn't sync your iPod.
I did get in some Donut Dare training this week.

Friday: 25 minutes on the bike.  Still forgot to sync iPod.

Saturday: 6.6 miles race pace.  This wasn't the workout I originally planned.  I was hoping to go longer and slower, but I just didn't feel like running in the morning and by the afternoon, I had to squeeze my workout in before the monsoon rain started. The good news is that I did sync my iPod and was able to enjoy some new tuneage while I was out.

Sunday: It is raining like bananas out there.  Thank heavens I got in some sort of run yesterday.

Overall, it was a good start to training.  My legs seem happy to be back training and my mind likes the challenge as well.  I would have liked to run longer on Saturday, but my body just wasn't feeling it.  I hope to pick it up this week.

How was your week?  Still finding time to workout during the busy holiday season?

9 comments:

  1. I am working on getting all the workouts in. It is hard not necessarily because of the holidays, but because my body is fighting me. I will get there though. I have heard good things about Donna. Will be excited to hear about it from your perspective.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great job trying to get in all your workouts! I've heard great things too and I am excited to see what it's all about!

      Delete
  2. One day I went on a bike ride knowing I'd be eating peppermint ice cream afterwards - incentive! Donuts would also work, though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been working out. Feels good too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good to see you are getting in some donut runs!! :)
    I have done a workout like your Saturday before.... cram session!!
    Hope you have your pack by now, but if not, it should be there soon ♥
    Merry Christmas to you, lady :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cram session is the perfect phrase for it!! Happy Holidays to you too!

      Delete
  5. Great job with the runs :) I actually find it easy over the holidays since I am home more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has been a little easier because my work schedule has been more flexible!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...