Running: 825 miles
Biking: 270 miles
Races: 2 Marathons, 4 half marathons, 3 10k's, and a 5k.
2013 was a pretty great year running wise. I refound my stride and managed to develop a good running/life balance (though occasionally it still tips one way or the other).
On to 2014:
I am not one to shy away from stating my goals no matter how much they scare me or challenge me. For 2014, I am really focused on challenging myself in new ways. Sometimes I worry that I let myself get off easy and being public with my goals helps prevent that.
- Break 4 hours in the marathon. This was one of my goals last year and though I didn't reach it, I made huge strides in the marathon. I now feel much more comfortable with the distance and have a much better fueling plan than previous marathons (which was basically minimal fueling and fingers crossed I didn't hurl).
- Break 1:50 in the half marathon. I knocked almost 5 minutes off my half time last year and another 2 minutes is within my reach.
- Run my first Ultramarathon. I've got a couple picked out, but I have registered yet. I've put together a training plan and am really excited. More on this to come.
- Have fun!
This is what I've signed up with so far. There will definitely be additions!
- Krispy Kreme Donut Dare 1/26
- 26.2 With Donna Marathon 2/23
- Georiga Publix Half Marathon 3/23
- Troop Trot 39k 7/12
- 24 Hours of Booty 10/11
- An Ultramarathon yet to be determined
- A Fall Marathon to be named later