Sunday, January 12, 2014

#RunDonna Training Recap: 7 Weeks to go

With 7 weeks until 26.2 with Donna Marathon, here is how my training went.

Monday: Rest after a Sunday longrun. Consumed more bread.

Tuesday: 4.2 miles in the cold. I left work late and I knew the gym would be packed with all the New Year's crowd, so I opted for an outdoor run.  It was 14 degrees (including windchill) at the start and it ended up being one of my fastest runs recently (8:04 pace).  I guess I am still a northern at heart.

Wednesday: 3.1 miles on the treadmill.  I only had a short window to get a workout in and somehow it wasn't fast.  So much for pressure leading to speed work.

Thursday: 5.5 Run-commute home.  Turned into the best run ever because I found a $20 bill. I guess that makes me a paid athlete earning roughly $3.63 per mile.
I got $20 in my pocket....
Friday: Rest day!

Saturday: Woke up to thunderstorms with a tornado warning.  Booooo.  20 miler pushed to Sunday.  To make life more exciting, I had a bit of a stomach bug all day with a low grade fever, so Sunday's run was downgraded to "whatever I can complete" due to my poor fueling all day.  Double booooooo. I have a 3 day weekend next weekend.  You can bet that 20 miler will be on like Donkey Kong.

Sunday: Woke up feeling much better with stunning weather outside.  There was no way I wasn't running.  I set out with the goal of listening to my body with a hope of 5-10.  I ended up with 11.5 and a 8:48 pace.  That was definitely all I had though in terms of fueling.  I am still quite pleased.  To celebrate, I made apple bread pudding with the leftover brioche from class last week. Win-win.
Isn't it lovely?!
How was your week? Do you find you have troubles amping it up on the treadmill?  Maybe I need to push it a little more.

10 comments:

  1. Check you out. Fancy, schmancy paid athlete! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Run commutes are the best. I found money on my run when I was visiting my friend. Two places. Wish it would happen again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice week of running! I can't believe you found a $20!!!! RW did a story about a guy that saves all change/bills he finds on runs, and puts it in a jar, and keeps track. I can't remember how much it was, but it was significant. He said intersections always have the most...........

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I found it more often, I would keep track, but this was my first time!

      Delete
  4. Great job. Finding money is always a pleasant surprise. I only find change though, After a month I probably average being "paid" $.01 a day. I guess I have to start running in better neighborhoods. haha.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am glad you didn't get a bug that hung on! That's an incredible pace for 11.5 miles. $20 is enough to make you do a little jig :) That's a good day lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Woohoo, I have never found money on a run let alone $20. Awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good for you calling it short on the run Sunday. It will be there next weekend! It's important to get better.
    Such a great score with the money find!!! That is a nice rate/mile. Perhaps you should think in terms of dollars/hour though :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good point! Much better rate per hour!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...