Sunday, March 16, 2014

Catching up and Racing news!


Hello or should I say Hola!

We are back from our mini break to the Dominican Republic and I already feel ready for another one. Our trip was a combination vacation/friend's wedding and it was wonderful. It was so much fun to see loved ones and sneak in a few days of relaxation after the ceremony.  Thank heavens our friends like to get married in such lovely places.
Diego Columbus' House; The Jayhawk and I on the beach.
I've wasted no time jumping back into real life with a touch of bad luck to start it off.  I took a nasty chunk out of the arch of my foot and it has significantly impacted my ability to run.  Fortunately the Jayhawk has been helping me care for it and placating me when I ask him every 2 hours if it looks better.
One week post injury, the swelling is down and the wound is about half the original size.
It's been a week and it is improving, but the wound is right on the arch impact point in my stride, so next weekend's half may have just been downgraded to a run for fun, not time. Since bad things tend to come in 3s, I rounded my three out with my car dying and getting pulled for jury duty all in the same week. Seriously! I think that should take care of my bad luck for the month.

But on to fun things!

I'm not sure if you have noticed, but that little list over there to the right has been growing. 
I kind of got excited post marathon and registered for a race or two. Then several I was already planning on opened registration and then on top of that I got asked to join a relay team with some super fast ladies (I believe I am the comic relief for the team and I am very much ok with that). I'm hoping their speed is contagious.
I've got a mix of distances (5k to 39k), surfaces (road, trail, and hills), and a one team event.  This means I'm going to need to mix up my training a bit and increase my mileage.

So. I hope you've rested up. We're going to be busy!

12 comments:

  1. Too bad about your foot! Since you've done plenty of races and trained for those, you'll probably be okay at your upcoming race without extra training. Unless, of course it hurts to run on it still. Sounds like you had a fun vacation!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tina. It will probably be a game time decision on how to run the race.

      Delete
  2. So sorry about your foot, but your race schedule looks awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. I'm trying my hardest to heal quickly!

      Delete
  4. Omg, your poor foot! That looks painful :( It looks a little infected :(
    Your vacation break looked lovely! What a great place to get married.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is infected. The picture is pre-antibiotics. Vacation was lovely, just not long enough (but they never are)!

      Delete
  5. Wow, you have a lot coming up- so exciting! And I'm totally jealous of your DR trip!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Laura! Way to kill it on your 5k the other day!

      Delete
  6. I have been wanting to try a Ragnar relay. They look like a lot of fun. Hope you heal quick.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've done two Ragnars (the NY one that I think is now called Adirondacks and Northwest passage), but never a trail one. I am kind of excited to not be stuffed in a van.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...