Friday, March 21, 2014

Friday Four (because I'm too tired to come up with 5)


Since I wasn't able to run this week because of my foot wound and I was put further out of commission with a vicious head cold, I had some free time on my hands.  Here are a few amusing links from the week (note: some of them might be more amusing if you are on lots of cold medicine).

1. Must do race of the year:  I'm not sure if you all read the Oatmeal comic, but you've probably at least seen creator Matt Inman's running comic on some form of social media.  If not, go check it out now for a good laugh.  Well, this week it was announced that there is a race inspired by the comic complete with birthday cake at water stops, Japanese giant hornets (to help you PR of course) and a blerch chasing you.  Registration opens Monday, and there is no doubt it will sell out quickly! If I only lived in Seattle, it would be at the top of my to do list.

2. Great article on Running as Therapy by Jen Miller.  I started running partially as a form of stress relief from a job I was not loving and the sport just stuck with me.  I still find that during stressful times, a run is an even more important part of my day.

3. Kara Goucher signs with Oiselle. I find this move very exciting and interesting both as a runner and as a consumer. Nice to a small company with a great ideology get the win.

4. My new cross training routine.  You are welcome Atlanta.


Hope you all had a great week!  Any big plan for the weekend?

6 comments:

  1. haha.. I am sure the dance walking is a great workout. Especially if you did it for a couple of blocks at a time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Doesn't it look like some great silly fun?!

      Delete
  2. ha! I love that the guy in the sweater vest likes Eminem. It's funny, yesterday I saw a guy bouncing down the street, snapping, clapping, etc...and thought, "What is he on?" I bet he had seen this LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dance walking seems like prancercise. ha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's a more freestyle prancercise.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...