Monday, March 31, 2014

March Recap

Ok, so March wasn't my best month both in running and life in general. To put it nicely, it came in like a lion, and basically was a big old Lion for the rest of the month. But I'm not going to dwell on it.  Here's to an Awesome April as I will be calling to it (perhaps we just finished Mean March?).  Let's just talk about the good stuff!

Races: Georgia Publix Half Marathon
I Waldo'd and I liked it.

Highlight of the month: I joined the Island Boost Ambassador team!
That's my Island Boost shirt if you can't tell.

Not so highlight of the month: I took a chunk out of the arch of my foot and it got infected leading to several weeks without running.  Thanks to antibiotics, I'm back in business. Three cheers for modern medicine!
 
A detailed reenactment of the injury. I actually drew the wrong foot first and had to reverse my lovely piece of artwork. Obviously I pay really good attention to my own injuries.  Is it April yet?

Things I am excited for next month:
  1. The Girls on the Run 5k.  A certain 10 year old asked me to be her running buddy at the Girls on the Run 5k at the end of the month and I am pretty darn excited.  No words yet on if we will wear tutus.  Need to confirm the coolness of tutus with other 4th graders first.
  2. Ragnar Trails Atlanta.  I'll have another post on it this week to explain how it all works and how I am going to get totally schooled by my team.  I am really pumped for it!  Hopefully the weather cooperates.
How was your month?  Any big plans for Awesome April?

12 comments:

  1. I think that running the 5K with a running buddy will be one of April's highlights for you and the 10yo, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's hard to tell which one of us is more excited!

      Delete
  2. I had a rough March too. Ready for an Awesome April.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Abby, April will be Awesome!

      Delete
  3. Glad to hear that your back to running after your foot fiasco!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your Waldo costume, so perfect! Island Boost is fuel right? I have MAJOR issues with fueling and I'm always looking for new stuff to try and figure it out :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Courtney! Yes, Island Boost is a fuel. It's a liquid (not a gel) so it goes down a lot easier and it easily digestible. I've tried a lot of different things and it's the item I've had the most success with!

      Delete
  5. Mean March is perfect for the month that was. So ready for an Awesome April!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay, It will be an Awesome April, Coco!

      Delete
  6. I agree that it was Mean March. lol. I like your reenactment picture, it looks like you stepped on Louisiana.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, Thanks David. I was not in fact injured by Louisiana, but a rock. :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...