Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Liebster Award : Get to know EB

Big Thank You to David over at Captain Speedypants for nominating me for a Liebster award!  Basically, he created 10 questions for me to answer and then I pass it along. It's a fun little way to get to know your fellow bloggers.
If you don't know David, head on over and check out his blog. He is currently gearing up for his first road half marathon and is hoping to complete his first marathon this year. David's got a fun perspective and a great story about why he runs.

Now, without further ado, David's 10 questions for me.

1. Why did you start blogging?
 I started blogging way back in 2009 (Find my first post here), back before we had the convenience of smart phones and twitter!  I had recently moved to a new city where I knew no one and I had a very hectic schedule, so it was difficult to find new running buddies and meet members of the local running community.  My hope was that I could still feel apart of the running community through blogging.

2. What is your main goal for 2014?
Run my first ultra marathon.  I just signed up last week. Not sure what I was thinking signing up for one in August.
3. If you didn't have to worry about money, what would you spend your days doing?
Honestly, I think I would be a running coach or race director.  I've been an athlete since I learned to walk and I really enjoy sharing my passion with others. Honorable mention: Beer Chemist.
4. Do you prefer short and fast or long and slow? (I mean running race distances, you dirty minded people)
Hmm, that totally depends on the day. If the weather is nice, a long run can be perfect, but some days you need to go stomp it out for a fast one. So, both.  My answer is both.
5. Do you prefer working out in a gym or at home?
I prefer to run from where ever (work, home, the gym) to mix it up, but if we are talking strength training and stretching, I rather do it at the gym. Otherwise Mia Monster tries to join in and her downward dog is so much better than mine.
6. What sports, athletes, teams do you follow?
I'm a huge hockey fan (Go Bruins!) and I obviously follow running (mostly marathons and ultra distance). I also have a soft spot for Baseball.
7. Where did you grow up and what is that area known for?
Maine. Lobster and Hockey.
Portland Head light (actual photo, not a postcard).
8. Are you a dog or cat person, and why?
Dog. I love their perpetual happiness and optimism (except when the kibble is late, then they are all drama).
Mia Monster
9. What is you favorite food?
Wow, this might be the hardest question of all. I love food. I love to cook food, try new food, etc. But I have to go with my old standby, the doughnut.  Honorable mention to the grilled cheese. P.S. It's National Grilled Cheese Month! Go! Celebrate!
10. What makes you unique?
I love to experience and investigate different things especially if they are silly, odd, or fun. I've had a lot of experiences that might make me 'unique'. For example, once I thought it was a good idea to be in a competitive eating contest against Joey Chestnut (the guy who wins the Nathan's Hot dog contests every 4th of July). He beat me.
His eating skills are truly unique.
Since I know a lot of you have already done a Liebster Award post, here are a few quesetions for anyone to answer. Also feel free to link to your Liebster Award post below!
1. What is your favorite distance to run or race?
2. Did you play sports growing up? Which ones?
3. What is your top bucketlist running item?
4. If you could go for a run with anyone (alive or dead) who would it be and why?
5. What would be your idea of a perfect day?
Ok, now it's your turn! Pick a question or two from the list to answer!

10 comments:

  1. ha! Your first post was too cute! An ultra in Aug. in your state(heat! ? wow, you are brave :) That is exciting!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karen! It's so funny to look back at my early posts! Yeah, there definitely be some heat training and my goal will only be to finish! It should be a learning experience!

      Delete
  2. I've been to that Randy's for donuts! Exciting that you're doing an ultra! A perfect day for me involves a run or a ride with family and friends - in a beautiful location. So funny about the hot dogs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Tina, the Randy's right near LAX! I actually escaped the airport during a really long layover just to visit. Worth it! I've been keeping a close eye on your ultra journey as inspiration. Your perfect day sounds lovely!

      Delete
  3. randomly i just read about an app today that allows you to locate the nearest place that sells doughnuts. It's call doughbot-- enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my god. Lisa for the win. That might be the best thing I've heard all week! :D

      Delete
  4. Great post, love the shot of Mia! My dogs are also all up in my business if I workout at home.
    Answers:
    1. I'm new-ish to racing so its hard to answer, talk to me at the end of 2014 since over the course of this year I've done or have upcoming a 6k, 5 miler, marathon relay, 10k, 15k, 10 miler and half-marathon. I really loved the relay though and can see a lot of those in my future... I'm a team person.
    2. Yes (probably why I'm a team person), I pretty much played every sport that was offered at my grade school, then focused on field hockey, lacrosse and long-distance track in high school. I went on to play field hockey in college and have since coached my old high school team. I love sports!
    3. To run a race in all 50 and D.C. tied with the London Marathon (my favorite city in the world)
    4. My paternal grandmother as she was my namesake but died before I was born, I feel like I'm missing part of my dad's story having never met her.
    5. The best day of my life was my wedding, and not just for the sappy reasons (I'm typically not a fan of being on display) but because we were married surrounded by our family and friends in a beautiful setting in Door County, WI. It was a destination wedding where everyone who attended was very close to us and was also on vacation, so the vibe was so relaxed and fun. Therefore my perfect day would be to be back there with the same people having a relaxed and happy day!
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jayne! Great answers! I played a lot of field hockey as well, so the team thing always speaks to me. London Marathon would be amazing!

      Delete
  5. My favorite distance is 10 miles but there aren't many around here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ten milers are kind of challenging to find, but it's a good mid-distance choice!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...