Monday, April 28, 2014

Training Recap 4/21-4/27

Monday: 3.5 miles easy on the treadmill. Legs strength training. Watching the Boston Marathon that morning (or rather listening to the audio cast at my desk) was truly inspirational and exhausting.  I never knew cheering could be that tiring.
Sporting my Boston pride!
Tuesday: 30 min on the bike, 9.6 miles.  Upper body strength training.
ABS:

Wednesday: 4.75 miles RunCommute home. The best thing I can say about this run is that it's over. It was supposed to be a 40 minute tempo run, but it turned into a 40 min run. I never felt in the grove and I was having an odd and painful side stitch every time I tried to push the pace. I decided early that tempoing was not going to happen, so I focused on getting home in one piece. I felt off the rest of the evening.

Thursday: 3.1 miles on the treadmill.  Progressive k's (each k was faster than the previous one). After the disappointment of Wednesday's RunCommute, I spent the first k just seeing how my body felt. Once I knew there were no lasting effects, I upped the pace each k to get some speedish work done this week.

Friday: Rest

Saturday: Girls on the Run 5k. Recap coming soon.
Sunday: 6.6 miles with some tempo work in the middle.  It was cool out and pretty much a perfect morning to run.  A lovely way to start the day.

How was your week?  Any big training moments or races?

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great week :) I guess those off runs just randomly slip in. I love the cute race bling!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karen! I can never seem to find any common reason for off runs but they happen. The key is having a good run next time out.

      Delete
  2. Hope you had a great run with Girls on the Run! I am signed up with my daughter and a friend for May 10th. Still deciding if we should wear tutus.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, wear tutus! There were lots of fun outfits (tutus, knee socks, hats) at ours, but my run buddy was a little nervous to get dressed up!

      Delete
  3. Looks like a great week! Cute medal!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...