Friday, May 2, 2014

April Recap

Miles: 73.74 miles

Races:
Ragnar Trails Atlanta

Girls on the run 5k

Highlight of the month: Feeling back in the grove after a weird March. I'm starting to up my mileage and train more purposefully, which is important given my summer plans!

Not so Highlight of the month: My blue Asics now have well over 500 miles on them and I badly need to replace them (there is foam showing).  It seems my laziness has caught up with me. Time for some shoe shopping.

ABSolutely Awesome April Challenge:
The ABSolutely Awesome April challenge went really well. I will be honest, I didn't complete everyday this month, but I completed most days and got use to including more core work in my daily workouts. My core strength has noticeably improved.  I enjoyed the 30 day challenge format and will come up with another one for June. As a maintenance goal, I'm hoping to continue to average completing core work 3 days/week. How did everyone else do?

Fun clip of the month:
The World Record in the Beer mile was broken this month with the first sub-5 minute mile. I adore how nerdy this man's preparation was and seriously he took it.

Things I am looking forward to next month: I only have one race planned for next month and it is a 5k.  Not my favorite distance by any means, but it takes place at a brewery!  So, I might like this 5k.

How did your month shape up? Is it still Spring where you live or has Summer descended on your city?

9 comments:

  1. 5k's aren't my favorite distance either, mainly because I feel like I might die in the final stretch, but one at a brewery would be completely acceptable in my opinion. Have a great May!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cecilia! I was hoping the promise of beer at the finish might get me to run faster!

      Delete
  2. Really enjoyed your recap! I'll have to keep a look out for your June challenge. Perhaps we could collaborate on something? Let me know what you think.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Clarinda! I would love to collaborate on something. Great idea!

      Delete
  3. A brewery would make a 5K better for sure.
    Are you going for that beer mile record;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I think I would be happy if I could just drink 4 beers in 5 minutes let alone run a mile as well!

      Delete
  4. I am so glad your foot healed up! You had fun events this past month :) It's getting humid here already...makes me sigh lol Tonight it's really nice and cool so my run buddy and I planned a long run for tomorrow :) Got to take advantage of nice weather.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karen! It does feel good to be healthy again. Summer has definitely descended on the city in the past week or two, so we are dealing with the heat and humidity too! Enjoy the cool days while you have them!

      Delete
  5. i'm pretty sure April was my lowest mileage in 2 year- aside from Ragnar Trail, I maybe ran once a week- twice if I was feeling motivated. Hoping this lack of desire clears up quickly. Glad you have a focused plan for your upcoming big race- what i wouldn't give for that right now (focus, not a 50k haha)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...