Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Training Recap: 4/28-5/4

Monday: Rest day.

Tuesday: 3.1 easy on the treadmill do to some seriously wacky weather in the ATL. Thankfully the worst of the storms didn't get us and we are all ok.

Wednesday: Speedwork! 5x400 at 5k pace for a total of 3.1 including warm up and cool down. Yes, you read that correctly. I actually followed a plan for a speed workout! I still don't think I am running my intervals fast enough (I have no clue what my 5k pace should be), but I am trying to get the hang of it without injuring myself. Babysteps.

Thursday: 3.1 miles easy. They really did feel easy after the previous day's speedwork.

Friday: Rest. We drove down/over to South Carolina to meet up with some family for the weekend.

Saturday: 1 hour bike ride.
Check out my instagram for more photos (@runningeb)
Sunday: 4 mile run through the salt marsh.  It's amazing how much faster easy runs are without hills.
I could run here forever and never get bored.
We also went for a 30 minute bike ride on the beach.

How was your week? Anyone race?

5 comments:

  1. Good training week! I hear ya on the paces. I plugged my half marathon finish time into the calculator on runnersworld.com and my paces are completely different than what I've been running. Debating whether I should try there paces or not for the next training cycle.

    Way to have a great running week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jen! I figure I will just slowly upping the paces on my speed workouts until it seems too hard. Hopefully running a 5k at the end of the month will give me a better idea!

      Delete
  2. It looks so much warmer there, than it is here. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Kristy. Summer has already arrived here. It's going to be a long one!

      Delete
  3. It is hard to figure out what pace for speed work...some weeks a certain pace can feel completely different. Love the beach pictures :) I like the wooden path/bridge.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...