Monday, June 9, 2014

50k Training Week 4: 6/2-6/8

Monday: I knew I would be traveling for a good chunk of Tuesday, so I switched my workouts. My legs felt tired from the quick turnaround of my weekend workouts (Saturday PM followed by Sunday AM runs), so I took it easy.
Planned: Rest  Actual: 4 miles (8:45/mile pace)

Tuesday: It was a busy travel day, but I did manage to get in some time on the swings. It might be my new favorite form of cross-training. There was also some bike riding to get to and from the swings, but I didn't wear my garmin. :P
Planned: 4 miles  Actual: Rest
Trying to swing over the rainbow.
Where birdies fly,
and I wear an emerald shirt.
Wednesday: Celebrated National Running Day with an easy run exploring a new area. Later I got in several miles of hilly walking as we explored KU (there is a reason I call him the Jayhawk). We refueled with a quick sip at Free State Brewing.
Planned: 4 miles  Actual: 3.4 miles (8:44/mile pace)
 Off to see the neighborhood.
Lions and tigers and Jayhawks, oh my!
Thursday: It was raining pretty darn hard. Since I had no gym access and wanted to have dry shoes for Saturday's race (which is funny because it poured during the race), I skipped my workout.  A little taper never hurt anyone.
Planned: 4 miles  Actual: None!

Friday: Celebrated National Donut Day with an easy dozen.  So many important holidays in one week. I also visited Boulevard Brewing. Just trying to take in all the sites.
Planned: Rest Actual: Rest
 I'll get you my pretties; My new mantra.
 Pre-race carbo loading at Boulevard Brewing.
Saturday: Woke up to a very rainy race day. Luckily after a short delay, we still got to race and I had a great, but a little soggy day! Full recap coming!
Planned: 13.1 miles Actual: 13.1 miles (Pace: You'll have to read the recap!)
Turns out I wasn't in Kansas anymore.
Sunday: More traveling! In celebration of my great race, I gave myself the day off. Even though my legs felt really good, I figured some extra rest wouldn't hurt after a hard, hilly effort. There's no place like home.
Planned: 4 miles  Actual: Rest

10 comments:

  1. i grew up in KC! love the shuttle cocks :)

    nice workouts! it's so hard to get everything in while traveling...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It was my first visit and it was really fun.

      Delete
  2. Great week considering the traveling. Those turnaround workouts are rough, I try to avoid them to let my legs rest. Swings as cross training...WHAT??? I need to try that. Great job on the rest days, I change up my rest days based on how I feel and what I have going on that week, very nice to be flexible. Can't wait for the recap.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Leg strength is great for making the swings go higher!

      Delete
  3. I failed at National Donut Day. Not a one! Ugh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no! Maybe you should just celebrate it tomorrow! Better late than never.

      Delete
  4. Awesome week while traveling. Cannot wait to read about the race.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Planning a race made it easier to get in some mileage without ignoring the family. Recap coming soon. Wait for the free race photos to be posted.

      Delete
  5. The giant birdie is too cool lol I don't like rainy races!! Hopefully all went well I am still trying to catch up so I will read that post soon :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are several big birdie on the lawn of the art museum. It's pretty cool. I've racked up a few rainy ones over the years, at it's always hardest at the start when you are still dry. Once you are soaked, it doesn't matter anymore. But a hat is a must so you can still see!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...