Thursday, June 26, 2014

Beat the Heat Contest with Island Boost

It's summer, it's hot, and we are all still trying to log our miles. The temperatures have been climbing for weeks (or months depending where you live), and it only officially became summer last weekend. I don't know about you, but I look like a cross between a drowned rat and a tomato after my runs. Everyday I'm learning new parts of my body that can sweat. So yeah, it's probably not the most attractive time of year to be a runner. But let's make the best of it. Let's show summer that we're not going to let the heat beat us but rather we are going to Beat the Heat and get it done.
50 shades of red.
Now you all know about my love for Island Boost (See my first review and my review of the Chocolate flavor).  When formulator and founder of Island Boost Laura recently sent me a massive box of packets, I knew there was only one thing to do: share it with all of you! So to celebrate the launch of the new Island Boost website and all of us working hard through the summer, it's time to celebrate. Let's Beat the Heat.
The best kind of mail.
What you can win: A randomly selected winner will receive a prize pack of Island Boost, including all three flavors and some schwag, to help them stay fueled during those hot summer workouts. But you know me, I will probably send out a few extra packs of Island Boost to particularly creative or fun entries, so don't be afraid to show a little style.

Two ways to enter:
  1. Leave a comment below with your tip or trick to Beat the Heat.
  2. Tweet me @RunningEB, Instagram me @RunningEB, or e-mail me (on the contact page) your best (or worst) sweaty selfie showing how you #BeatTheHeat. Make sure to leave a comment saying you did this.
My favorite hot weather tip.
I will put together a post including the best tips to Beat the Heat so we can all benefit from every one's great ideas. I will also include some of the best selfies (don't be surprised if your pic shows up on here), so we can all be proud of how hard we are working.  And so we can all be reassured that everyone looks crazy sweaty after a hot run.
Some of the best ways to Beat the Heat.
Please remember to stay safe and keep well hydrated in the heat. This is not a contest to see who can overheat or run in extreme temps, but rather a chance to show your genius ways of staying cool, hydrating and fueling well, and showing summer who's boss as you sweat.

Be sure to head over and check out the new Island Boost website! If you mention RunningEB in the notes when you order, you will receive two free packs with the purchase of 10!

All entries must be submitted by midnight on the Fourth of July, 2014.

Big Thanks to Island Boost for being awesome in general. The prizes were provided as part of my Ambassadorship with Island Boost. I reserve the right to make any decisions regarding the outcome.

13 comments:

  1. My tip to beat the heat: I love to run where I know there are creeks so I can splash around to cool off!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Instagram'ed you! @mirandainmotion :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. is this what you had at trail atl ragnar? I'm not sure it "beats the heat" but it helps me cope-- I run with a bandana in my hand that i can constantly use to wipe off sweat. Mid run I pour water from my fuel belt on it to cool down. Typically 20oz won't last me long so I plan my runs to go through a park that has a water fountain so I can re-fill.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Lisa. 20oz seems to fly by these days. Silly south.

      Delete
  4. I like to stop at water fountains to put water on my neck, my arms and my legs. I've never tried Island Boost, but I'd like to try it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good tip Tina. Cool water on the skin helps to bring down body temp.

      Delete
  5. My beat the heat tip - run with hydration and do it EARLY!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely Abby, early is key here in the south!

      Delete
  6. I love this contest!!
    One way I like to beat the heat is to jump in the pool right after a long run.
    Now I need to take some pics to tweet you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Raina! You can also tag me on google+ if that works for you!

      Delete
  7. I fill my Camelbak with ice. It feels cool on my back and let's me have ice water to drink on the run. It's great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good one Beth. I've never tried ice, but that sounds really refreshing!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...