Sunday, June 8, 2014

May Recap

Miles: 88.1

Races: Jailhouse Brewery 5k. I really waited until the last possible moment (6pm on the 31st) to race this month.

Training plans developed: 2

Training plans implemented: 1, 50k Training plan version 2.0

Highpoint of the month: The organizers of the Snakebite 50/50 (i.e. the 50k I am running in August) announced that not only do we get a hug and a pint (or two) of craft beer at the finish, but they will be serving Frozen Pints, craft beer flavored ice cream.  Now if that doesn't get me to the finish line, I don't know what will.   My biggest race day decision might be picking a flavor.

Not so highpoint of the month: That shoulder/neck thing I had going on. I still am having odd tightness, so a trip to a sports med doc might be in order.

Thing I am excited about next month: More traveling! I'll be out and about in June for both work travel and a family visit.  Lucky for me, I've found a way to sneak in some exciting running adventures during the trips. I love exploring new places and it's even more fun to explore them on foot!

A Couple of good reads for you:
Transitioning to Ultras from NYC Running Mama
10 Easy Exercises at the Office from The Onion

How did your May turnout? Who has some fun summer plans?

10 comments:

  1. Beer at the finish line -yaaaa! That is good motivation :) Thanks for the links. Enjoy those running adventures and take pics! Hope you get your neck issue worked out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love travelling, but hopefully I can stay rested through it all.

      Delete
  2. Sounds like a great month of May for you. Glad that your 50k training is going well so far. The snakebite 50/50 really sounds like a good race put on by great people.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are a great group. They just posted the route last night and described the middle as having "lots of personality". Should be a fun race!

      Delete
  3. Great month. I'm all about any race that has beer at the finish.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I need to look for more brewery races.

      Delete
  4. Beer flavored ice cream... i expect a full report:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course Abby! I won't let you down.

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Yay is right. I have a feeling I am going to be tired by July!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...