Thursday, July 3, 2014

June Recap

Miles: 147.45 (pretty obvious what my goal might be for July)

Races:
Hospital Hill Run Half Marathon

Estes Park Half Marathon
Yes, I basically wore the same outfit in these two races.  Thanks for noticing. :P

Highpoint: I really enjoyed both of my races this month, so it's hard to pick a highpoint.  I pick both.

Side note of the month: I qualified for the Pikes Peak Ascent with my Estes Park Half time.  Now that is all I can think about.  I'm trying to convince the Jayhawk that it's another great excuse to go to Colorado.  Any ideas of how I can talk him into it? My time is good for both the 2014 or 2015 race.

Not so highpoint: Hmm, it was a good month. This is a hard one. Maybe slogging through my 16 miler a few weeks ago. It just wasn't fun.

Fun read: This is a killer dream list of ultraruns from Outside magazine. I would love to do basically all of them.  My top pick would probably be the Rim to Rim to Rim would because it's been on my radar for years. The Jayhawk went with the Kalalau Trail because it's his ultimate. What would be your pick from the list?

What I'm looking forward to in July: The Peachtree Road Race and Troop Trot 39k (i.e. the longest trail race I've ever run and I'm kind of nervous about it and oh, what if there are snakes on the course!).  Should be a fun month.

How was your June?  Anything fun coming up in July?

10 comments:

  1. That is an impressive amount of miles. Looking back on my two last races I noticed I wore the same thing also. lol. I agree that running any of those ultraruns would be epic. The problem is that there are so many trails and so little time. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Captain! Haha, I'm glad I'm not the only one. I think the outfit is comfortable and it was probably on top of the pile from recent washing. At least that is what I'm telling myself.

      Delete
  2. Sounds like a great month! Hope you'll join my birthday run streak challenge that starts on Sat, 7/5. It might help you get to the 150 obvious goal you have for July. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All signed up Clarinda! I'm going with the combo option because my legs do need a rest from running now and then. And Happy Birthday to you!

      Delete
  3. You've had an awesome month!!
    June's been pretty crazy for me some real highs and lows... and I have no idea what's in store for July. But I hope I will be back on track with a revised schedule. Any winner yet on that Island Boost? :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Raina! Winner will be announced this week! :)

      Delete
  4. What a great month! I am having racers envy right now :) It would be so fun to go to CO. How do you feel overall increasing your mileage? How exciting about Pike Peaks Ascent!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karen! So far so good on the increasing mileage. I've tried to be very conscious about rest days and reading how my body feels. I've got to find a way to talk the Jayhawk into Pike's peak. I'm not sure when I will have another chance to qualify!

      Delete
  5. too funny that both races ran last month rocked the same outfit.
    maybe if you sell the race as a destination vacation for the both of you he'll go for it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that is my best angle. He loves to visit CO as much as I do!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...