Tuesday, September 2, 2014

August Recap

Miles: 178.1

Races: Snakebite 50k. Spoiler Alert: I finished.
Just one race on the last day of the month, but it was worth it.
Highpoint of the month: My first 50k.
From my last quarter mile.
Not so highpoint of the month: Taper was boring as usual, but I was a good runner and stuck to it.

What I'm looking forward to in September: Once recovery is over, it's back into marathon training. Sometime during 50k training, I signed up for Chickamauga Marathon again this year. I'm pretty excited to take another crack at again this year!

How was your August?  Any hope of fall coming soon to your area?

10 comments:

  1. I can't wait to read about your race. Congrats on the finish! No Fall weather for me yet which I am perfectly O.K. with.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Captain! You don't like fall weather??? I've been dreaming of it for months.

      Delete
  2. Big high five on finishing your 50k!!!
    I've heard nothing but amazing things about the Chickamauga marathon, so I'm glad you're able to do it again. If I ever decide to do a full, its on my list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lisa! I really liked Chickamauga last year and can't wait to head back. It's small, pretty, and well run.

      Delete
  3. Woohoo, can't wait to read the recap.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hoping to finish it up this weekend! It's a lot of miles to recap!

      Delete
  4. Huzzah! So glad the race went well for you! (Or at least I assume it went well--you finished. :)) I'm really looking forward to reading the recap! We've got storms coming through Chicagoland today and it's supposed to be a little cooler after that. I'm ready for it! Looking forward to fall running!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Beth! It did go well! Still trying to organize my thoughts and write a recap that isn't a novel! Bring on fall!

      Delete
  5. What an awesome month :-) !!
    I needed your race report before my race. LoL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Raina. It took me a little longer than normal to figure out how to write it all up without producing a novel. Sounds like you didn't need my advice anyway! Great job!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...