Monday, September 22, 2014

Chickamauga Marathon Training Week 2


Monday: I got another pair of shoes during taper. The purple mile eaters have over 400 miles on them so I needed to start breaking in another pair.  I found the same shoe on-line in another color (for a great price). Time to start racking up the miles!
Planned: Rest   Actual: Rest
Blue Steel.
Tuesday: Official results for the Snakebite 50k were posted and because of the high drop rate from the 50 miler, I ended up 12th lady.  Now I have a little motivation for next year's race!
Planned: 5 miles   Actual: 5 miles (8:55/miles pace)

Wednesday: Started to feel back in the groove on this run. Legs felt strong and I felt like I was hitting my stride.
Planned: 10 miles   Actual: 6.2 miles (8:51/mile pace)

Thursday: Returned to Lullwater for the first time since the 50k.This run felt good. I started slow and later found myself pushing the pace and feeling comfortable doing so.
Planned: 4 miles   Actual: 5.4 miles (8:31/mile pace)
There is a large Great Blue Heron that lives in the park. He was out having a snack, so I took his picture.  I swear he is in there. Keep looking. Might need a better camera phone.
Friday: After looking at my calendar, I realize that I have 24 Hours of Booty cycling ride in only a few weeks.  Probably a good time to start training. The ride isn't about speed, but rather seeing how many miles you can ride in 24 hours.  I should hopefully get in at least 10.
Planned: Rest   Actual: 35 min biking (9.35 miles)

Saturday: It was one of those days when I just wasn't feeling it.  My stomach wasn't feeling well when I got up so I didn't eat at all before my run. I met up the group I've been joining periodically for the past few months for their weekly long run (they are training for the Savannah Rock n' Roll Half). I had originally planned on tacking on 5 miles to their 10 mile run, but I just didn't have any energy by the end of 10. I'm sure I could have got through that last 5, but I decided to call it. I did have some light soreness/achiness later in the day probably due to poor fueling during the run.
Planned: 16 miles   Actual: 10 miles (10:17/mile pace)

Sunday: I was tired and my legs needed a day.
Planned: 5 miles    Actual:Rest

How was your week?

14 comments:

  1. I took a picture of the creek I ran beside today, too, and I saw a Great Blue Heron and a deer. Next year - top ten at Snake Bite for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Training starts now! The funny thing is that the heron was very easy to see by eye. I got home and was surprised how sad my photo was. Oh well.

      Delete
  2. Looks like a good week of training except for Saturday. Keep up the good work. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Captain! Hope you are having a great week.

      Delete
  3. Did you pull off 8:31 avg pace on trail? Impressive :) 10 miles is a great run when you weren't really feeling it! The purple shoe miles sure piled up fast. I finally got a decent run in yesterday :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was just one of those days! I don't know where that speed came from. Great job Karen! :)

      Delete
  4. Smart listing to your body when you needed to rest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Always important. Better to show up undertrained than injured.

      Delete
  5. I can't find the Blue Heron anywhere! Love the new shoes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I swear it's in there. There is a tiny lump just to the right of the tree. In real life it was huge. Moral of the story: I need a better camera phone.

      Delete
  6. a lot of rich's teammates are doing the 24 hrs of booty ride! should be a good time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've done it the past 3 years and it's a lot of fun. I don't think I am camping out this year, but hoping to log some good miles none the less.

      Delete
  7. Sorry you weren't feeling well at the end of the week! You're very good about listening to your body, though. (I'm sure you've honed that after the tons of long runs you've logged.) Hope you're feeling better this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm just more relaxed about training in general these days. I realize that missing one run isn't the end of the world and it's better to show up slightly undertrained, than tired or injured.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...