Monday, October 6, 2014

Chickamauga Marathon Training Week 4

I want to give a little Shout out to Courtney over at Running for Cupcakes.  She has her first full marathon this weekend so head on over and wish her good luck! I'm sure she will do great!

Monday: Felt pretty good after Sunday's 18 miler. Happy to see that my return to long mileage didn't cause trouble.
Planned: Rest   Actual: Rest
Even on the bike I show my my #runDonna pride.
Tuesday: I forgot my water bottle. It wasn't that I got that thirsty on the treadmill, but I use it to break up my run mentally. I ended up bringing my big Nalgene from my desk at work to the gym, but that only lead to some unintentional comedy.  Do you know how hard it is to get the water from the Nalgene to your mouth while running? The treadmill and I were soaked.  Any who, got the miles in and a little bath.
Planned: 6 miles  Actual: 5 miles (8:44/mile pace)

Wednesday: I just didn't have the umph to go 8 miles today, so I did 5 with the idea of getting the 8 tomorrow instead.
Planned: 8 miles  Actual: 5 miles (8:42/mile pace)
Sporting my pink at work. Yep that's me not in running gear.  ;)
Thursday: Work got the best of me and I was happy with the 5 I got. Time to recommit to the training schedule and work get back to it's hectic old self.
Planned: 5 miles  Actual: 5 miles (8:46/mile pace)

Friday: It was a long week. I was happy to see Friday arrive. Been passionately wearing my pink for Breast Cancer Awareness month. Have you? Join in on the #ShowYourColors campaign!
Planned: Rest   Actual: Rest

Saturday: I didn't run a step this weekend. Not a single one, but I made up for it with a little bicycle riding. Starting on Saturday and heading into Sunday, I participated in one of my favorite events of the year, 24 Hours of Booty (Read last year's recap here). The temps dropped for the weekend and it was beautiful weather for riding.
Planned: 10 miles  Actual: 51 miles cycling!
The lighting of the glow stick is always so emotional. 
Sunday: Day 2 of 24 Hours of Booty and I finished out my century, caught up with old friends, and absorbed the amazing/heart wrenching/hopeful stories of my co-riders. Truly an excellent weekend (full recap coming later this week).
Planned: 6 miles  Actual: 51 miles cycling!
Such a lovely day!
How was your week? Did you do anything to mix it up?

7 comments:

  1. You look so pretty with your hair down :) It's always pulled back in your running pictures. The cycling sounds awesome. I can't imagine trying to drink from my Naglene on the treadmill lol I totally flaked on the pink challenge :( I thought I would do it, but I haven't been able to keep up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karen! I always think it's funny how none of us would recognize each other if we weren't in running clothes. The Nalgene moment was pretty much a disaster. I had water up my nose, all over my shirt and shorts, and even the treadmill.

      There is still time to join in. It doesn't matter if you do it everyday or just once! :D

      Delete
  2. Thank you so so much for the shout out!! I really appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck! Smile and celebrate all your hard work!

      Delete
  3. So cool. I have never rode more than about 20 miles on my bike.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a relaly fun event with a closed course. Great for people who are afraid of crazy drivers.

      Delete
  4. I don't think i've seen you with your hair fixed either? not IRL? love it! And, had we not been in mobile and rich injured, we would've been there this past weekend! several of my friends were there. can't wait to hear about it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...