Wednesday, October 1, 2014

September Recap

Miles: 82.4

Races: None, but I'm okay with that. I got enough racing miles in last month.

Highpoint of the month: Recovering well from the Snakebite 50k and getting back in the training groove without injuries or incidents.
Not so Highpoint of the month: Work was really stressful, but I won't bore you guys with that kind of stuff.

Indulgence of the Month:  Umm, enjoying a few pumpkin beers. Full review coming soon. :)

What I am looking forward to in October: October is one of my favorite months of the year and it's not just because both the Jayhawk and I have birthdays (here is last year's running celebration). There's also that it's my favorite season, Hockey returns, Halloween (a holiday celebrated with silly costumes and candy, what's not to love), and Breast Cancer Awareness month! 26.2 with DONNA is hosting a few campaigns this month to increase awareness and celebrate the women facing breast cancer. One is the #ShowYourColors photo a day challenge. Just share the image below (also available on my instagram) and use the hashtags when you upload your photo each day to be eligible for prizes.
You don't have to be wearing the item, just take a picture of it!
I'll be hosting a few small giveaways, sharing my personal connection to breast cancer, and kicking off my fundraising campaign. I hope you all join in!

How was your September? Any big plans for October?

10 comments:

  1. Great Sept. of running. I love all things pumpkin! I like the pink campaign I will try to join in :) I can't believe it's Oct. just going to try to stick to my training this month :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karen. I can't believe it's October either! Summer went by so quickly. I'm sure you will do great this month! :)

      Delete
  2. Sounds like you had a great month. I am wishing you an awesome birthday month!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to enjoy a few pumpkin beers after my marathon next weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so excited for you! Kick some butt!

      Delete
  4. Sorry work has been stressful! I hope things calm down a little for you so you can enjoy October. It's my favorite month too! I can't believe it's already here...September went by in a flash.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. September was so quick! When I went to write the recap, I felt like it had just started.

      Delete
  5. No big plans for October, but excited that it is finally cooling down a bit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed! We deserve it after summer!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...