Monday, November 3, 2014

October Recap

Miles: 99.45 running and 102 on the bike

Races: None, but I did get in a nice long bike ride. :)

Highpoint of the month: Exploring another new state! I was lucky enough to head to Madison, Wisconsin for work and I enjoyed getting the chance to explore a new city on foot.  Who doesn't love a city that takes pride in their beer and cheese?! I may have eaten my body weight in soft pretzels while I was there, but I was just carb loading for this week. As a bonus, they had some real fall weather all week and surprise flurries on the day I left!
 One day I ran all over campus including a visit to Camp Randall.
Found an awesome running trail that went from campus along lake Mendota to a nature preserve.
Beautiful fall day at the Capital. Fun Fact: It's the largest state capital building in the country.
I'm not sure I can describe how happy I was when this arrived at my table. 
It was also breast cancer Awareness Month! Lots of fun seeing how people #ShowYourColors and support the cause.


Not so highpoint: Having my luggage arrive in Atlanta the day before I did. I got bumped off my flight home, and unfortunately my luggage did not. It led to a missed run and a crabby traveler.

What I'm looking forward to in November: I'm pretty eager to pin on a bib. Ok, really eager. It seems like it's been forever since I've raced and I'm jumping back in with two races this week. I can't wait to get back in the swing of things and share it all with you!

How was your October? Anything that you are excited for in November?

11 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a really solid training month! When in November is your race? Also I have definitely never considered Wisconsin as a place I wantedt o go but it looks like it was really beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The marathon is on the 8th. I had never considered WI as a place to visit either, but Madison reminded me of New Enlgand, esp Burlington.

      Delete
  2. Now I want a pretzel with cheese and a beer LOL Your touch the tata socks crack me up. WI looks really pretty! Enjoy your races, mine is on the 15th. We ran almost identical miles last month :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The pretzels were so yummy! And I have a huge weakness for them. The sox actually say tough tatas, but I like your version better, lol. Good luck to you Karen!!!

      Delete
  3. Sounds like you had a good month. You were a half mile away from reaching 100 running miles for the month, you should have trick or treated for that last bit. lol. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I'd only known I was so close. My bags (with running sneakers) were in a different time zone than me on Halloween. :(

      Delete
  4. Fall leaves, soft pretzels, and CHEESE! Best work trip EVER!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! And everyone wondered why I was so excited to go to Wisconsin!

      Delete
  5. Now I'm curious! Did you do all that riding at one time?
    You're teasing me with that soft pretzel right now !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, all the cycling was part of 24 Hours of Booty. It's a 24 hour ride to raise money for cancer charities.

      Delete
  6. ooh, it looks so pretty in the fall!! october was a good month- 34th, finished up marathon training, a trip home and a trip to NYC!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...