Tuesday, December 30, 2014

December Recap

Miles: 87.55 (Not bad considering my last run was on the 18th)

Races: None! But I volunteered at one and it was a blast.
Highpoint: Running parties! Hanging out with the 26.2 with DONNA ladies and catching up with fellow Atlanta running bloggers at Elizabeth's party.

Not so Highpoint: I tweaked my shin and decided to take a week off. By the time the week was over, I had a pretty bad head cold that kept me in bed through the holidays. So one week quickly became 2 weeks off. I was not able to see a Doc during this time because of the holidays and work, but I'm hoping to get squeezed in after the holidays.

How I did on my month challenges:
Balance training: Needs work. I didn't do very well on this item.
Stick to the plan: I stuck to the plan very well until the shin trouble hitting 17 out of 18 days. Perhaps I stuck to it too well. Either way, I am proud of how I committed to it and didn't allow excuses.
Handstands: Rocked it. It was lots of silly funny, but I could see a difference in my balance and core as the month progressed. Still not ready for a Cirque du Soleil audition, but maybe one more month will do it.
Field Trips: I went 1/3 on this one, but in my defense I had 2 of them planned for after the shin issue. I was pretty bummed to miss out on them.
New: I went 2 for 3 on this one. I went to a bloggers party and bought new shoes. My other new item was scratched due to a vicious head cold.

What's new in brew: I've decided to add a beer section to my month recap for new beers that I've enjoyed and remembered to take a picture of.
I really enjoyed this small batch beer and was bummed to find it sold out when I returned to the store.
I was worried the Pomegranate would make it too fruity, but it actually balanced nicely with the strong malt flavor. Thumbs up.

What I am looking forward to next month: I have no races on the calendar, so January will be focused on making sure I am healthy and training. I am going to try to fit in some of my missed field trips from this month if I can. Also, we will be celebrating Christmas in January. The Jayhawks worktrip kept him away until the 31st, so we just went ahead and rescheduled the holidays. I hope people don't mind getting holiday cards in January! :)

How was your December? Did you find time to run during the holidays?

10 comments:

  1. I'm glad you took the time off for the child and your shin, it had me concerned. Looks like you had some great holiday events and even more planned in January when The Jayhawk comes back. I love some good brews so I look forward to the new beer recap sections lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I figured the least I could do is sharing the beer recap with folks. It's a public service, right? Hope you had a wonderful holiday season! :)

      Delete
  2. December was good for me, with my first 50k and all, but I haven't done any running since, which I really need to change...like literally right now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good job at taking some time off after the 50k! It's always a challenge. I'm excited to follow your 50 miler training this spring!

      Delete
  3. Bummer to hear about the one-two punch of the shin and the cold. Hopefully you can bounce back quickly. December has been almost identical for me - I had the time to run, but I'm resting a nagging injury.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope the rest is doing you well. It's always important, but never fun to do. Hope you had a healthy New Year!

      Delete
  4. I am sorry you were sick! I had the same issue. I hate when being sick kills your plans :( is your shin still hurting? You still had a great Dec. till you got sick. Have fun doing your holiday :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry you were sick and had calf trouble too! Hopefully we both stay healthy in the New Year.

      Delete
  5. december was good! the first part slammed, the later part was low key...and somehow, i didn't miss any miles. I love seeing all your beers- it gives me ideas! :)here's to a healthy, happy january for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's kind of how my December was too, very front loading. Great job on not missing any miles. Hope you have a healthy, happy New Year! :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...