Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Miles for Dollars

Last night I had this crazy idea to challenge my friends on Facebook to donate to 26.2 with DONNA.
And they responded. In the first 12 hours they donated $45. Yes, mathletes, that means I have 45 miles to run(not all at once because that would be even crazier than the post itself).
The running ribbon was still out on my Sunday run here in Atlanta.
Now I'm including you in the challenge. For every dollar donated by midnight on Sunday December 21 EST, I will dedicate a training mile in honor of you and your awesomeness*. As a donor you will get a warm feeling in your heart from doing something good, a tax deduction, a personal note from me about your miles, and a shout out here when your miles are in my weekly recap.

Click here to donate (or just watch the miles stack up).

So let's see what you got folks. How many miles can you make me train?

*I know the original facebook post says run, but I reserve the right to include crosstraining miles if you all get crazy generous and donate big.

13 comments:

  1. Love this idea :) Your donations are growing :) Good to see!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karen! Slowly but surely I'm getting there! :)

      Delete
  2. This really is a win-win! You raise money for this amazing organization, and its also a great motivator to get your training miles in!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was trying to come up with something a little different to encourage donations. Still expecting one of my friends to donate just to see how long they can make me run!

      Delete
  3. Wow totally a great idea, I'll be donating

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Elizabeth,
    Came over here from Katie's blog. I started running in January and ran two half marathons this year. Great idea you have started to raise money and awareness. Donated.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mark! Welcome and Thank you! Congrat on a great first year of running!

      Delete
  5. This is awesome and inspiring! Doing something for a great cause with your running is definitely a good motivator! I would like to do something like this in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Remind me next week, son't get paid until Friday. Can't donate much, but I can do a little bit to help.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Abby! Any help is greatly appreciated! :)

      Delete
  7. Awesome idea, though a bit dangerous!! I hope you can get all those miles in before the new year ;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...