Monday, February 2, 2015

26.2 with DONNA Training Week 10

Finally back into a regular rhythm! That only took a month. This week I added a few more firsts for the year including first week with 4 runs, first outdoor run, and first runs under 9:30 pace. Overall, it was another week of progress and what's not to be happy about with that?!

This weeks miles were once again sponsored by Frank from his wonderful support for 26.2 with DONNA during my Miles for Dollars campaign. I finished up Frank's miles this week (with a couple of bonus miles for good measure).

Monday: I'm concentrating on having two rest days and at least one cross training day a week.
Actual: Rest

Tuesday: I woke up excited to run. Unfortunately, I run after work, so I had to wait all day. But I did celebrate my excitement and ability to run by wearing compression socks to work. I kind of felt like super man with them on under my work clothes, ready to go for a run at any second.
Actual: 4 miles running (9:33/mile pace)
Wednesday: My back was tight and I just couldn't seem to get it to relax. I decided on lots of slow home yoga as my form of cross training for the day. It was really helpful and I was overdue for a long stretching session.
Actual: 30 minutes yoga; foam rolling
My hair has a life of its own at this point.
Thursday: Back to the treadmill for another 4 miler. I'm having no pain during runs which is very encouraging and I am trying to keep on top of my recovery activities. Compression is my friend!
Actual: 4 miles running (9:26/mile pace)

Friday: Back to the regular routine of rest on Friday. I do like relaxing on Fridays after a busy week! It's a reward for making it through.
Actual: Rest

Saturday: First outdoor run of the year! Took all the way until the last day of January, but I headed out join a group for a slow 4 miler. Obviously I haven't been doing a lot of winter running as I was a bit underdressed for the cool weather (I originally left the house without gloves or a coat). I was so happy to be running outside, I didn't let it bother me.
Actual: 4 miles running (9:45/mile pace)
Half asleep rocking my new Atlanta Track Club hat. 31 isn't bad if you dress for it. Oops.
Sunday: It was windy and rainy, so I headed indoors. I also wanted to keep it flat after yesterday's hilly run (it's almost impossible to have a non-hilly run in this city). Legs felt good, but I'm starting to want to push the pace. Need to find new ways to occupy myself on the treadmill. Recommendations?
Actual: 4 miles running (9:25/mile pace)
How was your week?
 

12 comments:

  1. That's great, not only to finish working off the miles for me (LOL) but also that you're back in good running form. I'm volunteering at the ATC Hearts and Soles 5K on Saturday; will you be there?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Frank. I won't be at Hearts and Soles this weekend, but it's a great race. Props to you for getting out there and volunteering!

      Delete
  2. Sounds like a great week of running. 31 sounds pretty warm to me! I also feel secretly cool when I wear compression socks to work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 31 isn't cold, but when you've been running on a treadmill all winter, it's an adjustment! Wearing my comp socks to work again today! :)

      Delete
  3. I always rock the ProCompression under work clothes when marathon training. Totally like a super hero.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great week you've had! As for occupying yourself on the tm...I've been hearing SO much lately about the poscast Serial. I'm going to download it, I want to know what all the hype is about!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Katie! I've got to check out the Serial podcast! Everyone is so excited about it!

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Thanks Mark! Your miles are up next!

      Delete
  6. i bring my ipad with me and watch shows on netflix. surprisingly, i get tired of music on the treadmill but stay more entertained with a show- even with speed workouts! glad to see you are back at it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks E! I'm big on the people watching but I've been with a few boring people lately which makes me bored. I like the idea of netflix!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...