Monday, February 9, 2015

26.2 with DONNA Training week 11

It goes to 11. Not only did my training reach week 11, but we started off the week celebrating Mia Monster's 11th birthday!

This week's miles are sponsored by Mark A from my Miles for Dollars campaign.  Thank you so much Mark for your support! Sorry for the delay, but I got in all your miles in one week!

Monday: I've been working hard to take my rest days seriously, and it's been helping. I spent today's rest day finishing up my first shipment of #Treats4Tatas!  Thanks to everyone who joined in on it. It was a great success and I hope you enjoy your treats!
Actual: Rest

Tuesday: I decided to push the pace a little for the first time during recovery. Also the gym got rid of some treadmills while it awaits delivery of new ones, so it's a bit of a cluster in there after work with more people than machines. It was more of a workout than I hope 9:11 pace would be, but nothing hurt and I felt like I had a lot more to give. Progress!
Actual: 3.1 miles running (9:11/mile pace)

Wednesday: After a nice bike workout, I decided to get in some living room yoga during the Bruins vs Rangers game. Sure, it wasn't your typical serene yoga environment and I had to modify a few poses to see the TV, but I posed and stretched for the entire first period (including play stoppage).  The Bruins were leading after the first so I must have been bringing them luck, but went on to lose. :( Next time, yoga for the whole game.
Actual: 30 minutes cycling (19.5 miles/hr pace); 40 minutes yoga

Thursday: Back on the treadmill for an easy, no excitement workout. Everything went well.
Actual: 4 miles running (9:25/mile pace)

Friday: As I am nearing the end of my fundraising campaign, I issued a challenge to my friends. If I hit my fundraising goal before race day, I will run the 5k dressed as a conversation heart. Still deciding what to write on it. My personal favorite are "Your pace or mine?" or "Does this heart make me look fast?"
Actual: Rest

Saturday: First double digits run of the year! I met up with some of my fellow Atlanta running bloggers for a 10 miler and brunch. I had the pleasure of running with Amy who volunteered at the Galloway water stop with me and is running the half at 26.2 with DONNA next week! I had a great time.
Actual: 10 miles running (11:31/mile pace)

Sunday: First outdoor run alone. I've been nervous about this because I tend to push the pace when I am running outside especially when I'm unsupervised. It was a beautiful day and it felt so good to be outside! I picked a hillier route that I should have for recovery, but everything went well and it's safe to say my legs are starting to get in the hang of it again!
Actual: 3.1 miles running (8:51/mile pace)
What is your favorite running conversation heart? Have you ever done two races in one weekend?

14 comments:

  1. My coworker brought in a bag of conversation hearts, and we've been giving each other the really obnoxious ones. When I ran Fargo, I did the 5K the day before the marathon. I was so tired at the end of the marathon I had forgotten all about it, and I was so confused why I was getting two medals (marathon medal and the challenge medal). I almost tried to give the second one back!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, that's hilarious. Althought I tend to be pretty out of it after longruns too. No blood going to the brain!

      Delete
  2. Happy 11th birthday Mia!! She is adorable! Those conversation hearts are hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! She still has plenty of sassiness!

      Delete
  3. The treats were wonderful! The biscotti were my favorite and the wife ate the tops off of all the chocolate covered pretzels so I never got to try them! Donating for that wonderfully wrapped box of treats was one of the best things I've done in running!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I am glad you enjoyed them. Your wife cracks me up. That is hilarious. Treat 4 Tatas was a great success and I will be doing it again in the future!

      Delete
  4. Love runner candy hearts! It's one of my favorite Valentine's Day traditions. :) I think my favorite one might "Be My Motion Control."

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the same saying Beth does :) They are all pretty cute! I need to go back and catch up a bit with posts, it seems you are still easing into it - smart! You had a great week, I love the yoga pose, I hate to think what would happen if I tried that lol A meet up run sounds fun!
    The treats look yumm :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll be honest Karen, some of my yoga is quite frightening. That is why I do it at home where I can't fall into someone else! Hope recovery is going well!

      Delete
  6. I felt privileged to have been a sponsor. Thanks for the miles! I like the "Your Pace.... heart" Those treats look great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mark! I really appreciate your donation and we crushed my goal!

      Delete
  7. Those conversation hearts are hilarious. I might "borrow" the graphic for my blog, if that's OK. Also, I'm impressed with your yoga practice while watching hockey!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Borrow away! Yeah, it wasn't the most serene yoga, but it was good multitasking!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...