Wednesday, February 4, 2015

January Recap

Miles: 34.8 miles running; 40.84 miles cycling; 3h22min elliptical
Races: None!

Highpoint of the month: Getting to go for my first run of the year! It was equal parts nerve wracking and exciting, and over before I knew it.
Not so highpoint: Reducing my running. This was my lowest mileage month in a very long time, and while I know it was needed for proper recovery, it was still a bit frustrating. I do think I did a good job adding in other activities so I didn't get stir crazy, but it's clear that running is still my favorite form of exercise. No fear, I won't become a triathlete anytime soon. :)
I can't do half the poses in my yoga book, but I keep on trying.
January Adventure: With my reduced running, it was difficult to plan any adventures, but in the end, the whole month became an adventure for me. I experimented with cross training, didn't log an outdoor mile until the last day of the month, and the Jayhawk logged more miles than me for the first time ever! I hope to bring a little more excitement to my adventures in the coming months, but it is what it is and that's what was possible for January. Also, celebrating Christmas in the middle of January is a fun adventure if you ever try it. Last minute shopping is so much easier!
I'm a little excited for the 5k.
What I am looking forward to next month: Hmm, what's going on next month.... Oh wait! It's finally time for 26.2 with DONNA! I bet you are all excited that I will finally stop talking about it! :) There are a lot of fun events this year and I am excited to take part in some that I missed out on last year. I promise a full recap! I recently found out that I am lucky enough to have the chance to interview both Joan Benoit Samuelson and Dave McGillvray so if you have any questions you are dying to ask them, let me know!
Got to catch up with my fellow Mainer about how things are going in the homeland.
How was your January? Anything exciting coming up in February?

12 comments:

  1. I bet you have an amazing 26.2. The forced recovery may be just the ticket for an awesome Marathon exp! My training for Santa Barbara Half starts this month...I'm looking forward to a totally new training plan, philosophy and seeing how it works out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm focusing on enjoying all the excitement on the course this year! I bet the Santa Barbara half is beautiful. What training plan are you using?

      Delete
  2. I think that those heart glasses with deelyboppers are the most magical things ever. And no one likes forced recovered (thus it is FORCED). But recovering... now that is worth it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Susie! You should see the rest of the outfit! :)

      Delete
  3. No races for me in Feb. but i am excited to see how Donna goes for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Abby! I will have a full recap (or two). :)

      Delete
  4. That's so exciting you get to interview them! Moving Christmas to January sounds like a very stress-free way to get through the holidays. I'm excited to get back to racing with Myrtle Beach this month and kick off the marathon season.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a little nervous to be honest! Joanie is such a Mainer (We tend to be economical with our words) so I am worried about getting her to talk enough. Best of luck at Myrtle! I look forward to your recap!

      Delete
  5. january ended up being fabulous!! no races, but that's okay. focused on training. i'm running a 15K on valentines day but not to race it- at goal half pace per the coach.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You did have a pretty fabulous end to the month!! :)

      Delete
  6. I love the cute heart glasses! Your hair is beautiful EB :)
    You did a great job doing other activites. I have been working on this myself, I need to continue even when I can run to do better at this. Your race is just arund the corner now :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Karen! I need to be better about maintaining my other activities now that I am feeling better.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...