Monday, March 23, 2015

Miles for Maria Training Week #4

Monday: Mondays and I are not getting along these days.
Actual: Rest

Tuesday: The Jayhawk and I headed to the Midtown location of Big Peach Running Company to meet up with fellow RunDONNA Ambassador Katie and take part in their St. Paddy's Day group run. It was one of the first warm days of the year (almost 80!) but the air still felt light and spring-like (I fear those days are numbered). It was a beautiful night and a fun tour of midtown and GA tech area, a nice change from our usual running spots. The run was sponsored by Mizuno and I decided to demo the Wave Rider 18s during the run while the Jayhawk tried out the Wave Hitogami 2 (we both loved them). As an added bonus, there was ice cold beer at the finish. Nothing better than a few fun miles, good company, and cold beer.
Actual: 3.4 miles (10:00/mile pace)

Wednesday: I arrived home from work to find that a water main broke in our neighborhood and our water was turned off (at least we weren't part of the neighborhood that lost power as well due to the sinkhole created by the water main break which caused a transformer box thing to fall into the sinkhole. Oh the drama). Any who, this meant I had no water to hydrate with pre/post run and more importantly no way to shower. Cue unhappy face. I decided it was a good reason to focus on core work and yoga for the night. (Note: I did drive to the store later to buy water for the Monster to drink/drool all over the floor. Didn't want you thinking I was totally negligent.)
Actual: Yoga and core work

Thursday: The water was back on by the time I woke up and that was probably the highlight of my day. Oh and the Monster received her second BarkBox (a birthday gift from my parents as she is their original grandchild, human or canine) and it is Island Paradise themed. For some reason, it totally cracks me up to give the dog a squeaky message in a bottle.
Actual: 3.1 miles (9:06/mile) and core work
Old dog, new toys.
Friday: Yay Friday.
Actual: Rest

Saturday: Stopped by the Georgia Publix Marathon to pick up my bib for Sunday's race. Due to a poor map, I ended up parking about 10 blocks away (it was in a new location this year), so I was less than festive when I arrived. To be honest, I'm not usually into Expos, but this one was rather uneventful. I enjoyed some Powerice to cool off after my long walk, but that was about it.
Actual: 2 miles walking around downtown and getting a slight sunburn. booo.

Sunday: Georgia Publix Half Marathon! It was rainy, but you know I like rainy and hilly half marathons.
Actual: 13.1 miles (Recap to come)

How was your week? Are you a big Expo person?

10 comments:

  1. That's a huge bummer about the water! Bay City in MI had a break last summer and almost ran through the stored water before they got it fixed in the nick of time. I always want to like expos, but I usually end up feeling claustrophobic and want to leave right away.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ug, it was a bummer, but thank heavens they fixed it quickly! I'm not good at getting into the expo thing and large crowds of slowly moving people aren't my thing!

      Delete
  2. Mia is so cute - I love her expression in the picture :)
    The water break is a bummer - ohhh, the thought of coming back from a run and no shower, that is a sad face. My hubby would out me on the lawn since i sweat like a dude :/
    Love the cute outfit for the St. patty's run - I like running and having a cold beer.
    How cool to demo some shoes! I have never done that. Did they feel cushioned enough for long runs? Curious, it seems a lot of folks like the lightweight Mizuno's have,but I've never had a pair on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mia is such a ham. She runs around all crazy and then acts super shy in pictures.
      I definitely would get hosed off after run too! I'm a big sweater! The Wave Riders are more minimal than what I currently wear, but they don't feel too minimal (if that makes sense). They are much lighter and would be great for speed work and racing. Undecided about longruns mainly because I'm afraid to loose cushioning while healing from the shin incident!

      Delete
  3. Daww Mia, so cute!! Would you recommend BarkBox? I've been thinking about subscribing for Arrow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mia really enjoys the bark box. Both months have come with 2 toys and 3 types of treats. It was a gift from my parents, so I'm not actually sure how much it costs, but it is fun!

      Delete
  4. Your St. Pat's outfit is too cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. a good week and hate i missed cheering for you!! rich was out by the condo though. I do enjoy expos (if there is something new to see). :) can't wait to hear about your race!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks E! I saw Rich out there, but didn't run up and say hello because I wasn't sure if he would recognize me/know who I was. :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...