Monday, March 30, 2015

Miles for Maria Training Week #5

I took a little more time off this week than I originally intended. I wanted to take two days off after the publix half regardless of how I felt to give my legs time to rest. I'm probably being too conservative after the whole shin thing, but it's better than taking weeks off again. Later in the week, things just came up, but I'll ramp things back up next week.
Monday: Once again, Mondays and I are not getting along.
Actual: Rest
Pothole vs tire. Pothole won. As a bonus, it bent the rim as well. Boooooo.
Tuesday: Bah,Tuesday.
Actual: Foam rolling and rest.

Wednesday: Legs felt fine and it was nice to give them a gentle run and good stretch.
Actual: 3.1 miles (9:16/mile)

Thursday: The Jayhawk and I joined in on a group run sponsored by Phidippides (Jeff Galloway's running store). It met at one of Atlanta's newer breweries, Orpheus Brewing, which is located right on the edge of Piedmont park and just around the corner from Phidippides. The route looped through the park landing back at the brewery in time for the evening tasting. Originally it was supposed to be 3 miles, but the leader admitted he made the route from the store, so we ended up a bit short. It was a perfect night for a run and a great night to sip beer on a patio. A good time was had by all.
Actual: 2.5 miles (9:00/mile)

Friday: I had planned to run again today to make up for yesterday's short run, but I got stuck late at work and by the time I left, I was just done with the week. Instead I went out for pizza with the Jayhawk and had a beer.
Actual: Rest

Saturday: One of those days where you are just slow to get moving all day.
Actual: 3.1 miles (9:16/mile)
Such a pretty day in the city!
Sunday: The weather was stunning. The kind of day you dream about all summer (60 with a light breeze, not a cloud in sight). The Jayhawk invited me to join him on an easy long run, so I thought heading back down to Piedmont Park would be a great way to spend the afternoon.
Actual: 6 miles (10:43/mile)
Scenes from the park.
Gotta stretch.
How was your week? Do your local stores have group runs?

10 comments:

  1. You're making me miss Atlanta! Springtime in Atlanta is so amazing. Glad you had a good week and weekend, even if you had to tweak your training schedule a bit. Better safe than sorry with injuries, right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Spring is in full bloom and with it comes Festival season! Such a busy time in the city. Yes, much rather be injury free and a little undertrained.

      Delete
  2. Oh no, your poor tire!! My local stores do have group ones, but I have never been on one. I don't know what I'm waiting for!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was such a bummer on a Monday. I just started joining in on the group runs and they are lots of fun. Do it!

      Delete
  3. I have only been able to do one group run with a local store. They don't seem to happen often, I wish they did. That's nice you got a run in with hubby :) I love those 60 degree days!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Part of it might be that there are quite a few specialty running stores in my area, so that gives me lots of options for group runs. It's a fun way to mix it up. It was so beautiful. I fear summer.

      Delete
  4. That's horrible about your tire! Our potholes are so bad in Cleveland, you can apply to have the city pay for any damages they cause. I'm very jealous of your weather - we can't seem to have more than one or two warm days in a row.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was such a bummer on a Monday.I might try to send our bill to the city, but I am not hopeful about seeing the money. :(

      Delete
  5. curious on your thoughts on the brewery- i was a bit disappointed when we went for my bday in the fall. i love a group run but find that they are hard to go to with my training schedule

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was a little underwhelmed by the brewery. I loved it's location, but it's sour beer was too sour, and the rest of it's beers were good, but nothing too unique.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...