Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Bitten again

One of my goals for the year is to PR the 50k. While challenging, it isn't the loftiest of goals. I ran my first 50k purely with the goal of finishing. I am proud of what I accomplished, but know I could run it faster. The problem is, without actually putting a 50k race on my schedule, I can't accomplish my goal. Then this morning, I saw this on Facebook:
Oh, just take my money. Source: Yeti Trailrunners FB Page
In the comments below, I learned that this would be the last year of the race. So I am pretty sure you know what happened next.
Yep, here we go again.
It's no secret that I liked this race last year and I had already been thinking about running Snakebite again this year. After seeing this would be my last chance at it, it became pretty hard to resist. I emailed the Jayhawk to see if we had anything going on during Labor Day weekend, and he simply replied "Put it on the calendar". It's nice that he is so accepting of my ideas (I think the free craft beer helps).
Odd fact: I've worn bib #7 in both of my ultras. Yay alphabetical order.
So there you have it. With a click of the mouse my summer training and racing plans have been decided.  Time for another summer of sweating on the trails. Expect a training post soon. And discussion on treating snakebites.
 
Do you like to run races multiple times? How far ahead do you plan your racing?


16 comments:

  1. Yayyyy I'm happy you're running a fall ultra because I am going to be running a 50 miler in September so this means our summer training will be running parallel! Excited to read about your training!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh perfect! We can empathize about high mileage in the summer! :)

      Delete
  2. My snakebite tip is a preventative one - if you're too late to not run over the snake, jump high! Have fun training for your 50K!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Huge kudos, way to jump on it. Now you have the accountability to get that PR. I look forward to reading through the training.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Richard! Now just to get to that training!

      Delete
  4. Looks like a great race! Though the name is kind of scary ;) I just finished my first 50K and also am looking to PR the next one after "just finishing" the first. Good luck with your training!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, the name is tough. I hate snakes on top of that. Congrats on your first 50k!! What race did you run? Good luck with your next one!

      Delete
  5. Well when you're their poster child you kind of have to run it right?
    :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That actually isn't me, but I can totally see how you thought that! :)

      Delete
  6. Congrats on signing up! I think you get major credit for just being willing to train for a 50K again in the summer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rebecca! I think I blocked from my mind all those hot summer miles last year. I don't know if it's good or bad that I know what I am getting into.

      Delete
  7. Exciting news!! I love that picture of you soaked to the bone and enjoying a beer :) You are one strong runner, I know you can make a PR of it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karen for the confidence! I am excited but a little nervous at the same time! :)

      Delete
  8. yay! so excited for you! I try not to run the same races but it's hard when they are close to atl. i'm doing my best to spend only on new states.... I think you are amazing for these ultra races!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed! When they are close to the city and accessible, it can be hard to say no. I would like to travel more for races outside the southeast in the future!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...