Monday, April 6, 2015

March Recap

Miles: 75.8

Races: Georgia Publix Half Marathon

Highpoint of the month: Racing again. I know it had only been a month since I pinned a bib on, but it felt so great to be at a starting line and to not be stressing over my shins. Exerting during workouts has also been really cool.

Not so highpoint of the month: My karma was off or something this month. Not only was there the tire/bent rim debacle, but work has been a bit of a stress scene, and my computer has been flirting with dying.  Not my strongest month of the year. On to better things in April!

New item for March: I had never been to a group run at a running store before and this month I made it to two! Woot. Even more exciting: I dragged the Jayhawk along to both of them (though dragged is a relative term since there was beer at both events). We both had a great time and have already started putting more group runs on the calendar for April!
What I'm looking forward to in April: Many things including (but not limited to): my first ever timed event, becoming an aunt, and core work! I can really feel your enthusiasm on that last item. ;) I'm bringing back ABSolutely Awesome April again this year because it really helped jump start my strength training routine last year.  I noticed major benefits heading into the high mileage training that I did last summer and an additional focus on strength training will help with some of my goals for the year. Feel free to join me!
How was your March? What are you most excited about in April?

8 comments:

  1. A little exertion does feel good after a break doesn't it? I am having a time trying to just be easy lately. I am sore still from my Saturday run. lol
    I hate life disruptions like a flat tire, just doesn't help when you are already busy. Hopefully the bad luck will be in the wind and April will be better.
    I always need more core work!
    It's nice you are getting some runs in with your hubby :)
    I am supposed to run a half marathon this month, I am not sure how it will go or if I should even do it yet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really hard to take it easy. I can totally empathize! Life has been one distraction after another lately, but sometimes that just happens. What half are you running?

      Delete
  2. Ooh, I am totally with you on the core work--I really need to up my core routine. I hope your April goes better than your March and that your computer stops acting up! My hard drive failed on my old laptop a few months ago and it was a huge bummer. (Bright side: I got a new laptop and my husband got a new solid state hard drive and got a new-to-him laptop.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Sometimes it's good to refocus on core work and avoid slacking (like I've been doing). I'm worried it might be the end of the road for my laptop. Fingers crossed.

      Delete
  3. That's good to hear your shins feel all healed, even with all the other things you have going on. I've been trying to add weights back into my routine, and I'm shocked how weak my core is! I'll be really interested to hear about your timed run...I'm not sure if I ever want to try one, so I'm looking forward to the recap!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've noticed my core strength isn't as good after my time off. Hoping a little extra focus on it this month takes care of that.

      Delete
  4. ooh, i have the fear of my mac dying on me soon, too. no good. yay for group runs! i really hope we can do this together SOON! there are a few at road runner that i want to go to if you want to join!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the end is near for my mac, just trying to figure out what to do about it. I hope we can run together soon too! I'll check out the road runner ones to see if I can make it!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...