- Complete 20 miles. Yeah, I know I just said that I wasn't making a lot of mileage goals, but even if I keep it to a slow run-walk, I think I can get in 20 miles.
- Don't get sunburned. I can't think of anything worst than recovering from a long race with a bad sunburn.
- Keep the pace comfortable and conversational. I feel like going out quickly in a timed race is a recipe for disaster. Let's not do that.
- Continue to work on fueling long efforts. I've said it before and I'll say it again. Long races are all about metabolic management. This is a great opportunity to learn more about what works for me.
- Be proud of the effort I put out. 6 hours is a long time to run and stay focused, but I hope to give my best effort throughout the event.
- Have fun! I chose to do this. Enjoy the sunny day and the company of the other runners.
Contest rules: One guess per person. No anonymous comments if you actually want to win. All guesses must be submitted by 8AM EST on April 11, 2015. As usual, I am the judge and jury and have final say in all contests. This is purely for fun. Winner will be contacted once I recover from the race.