Friday, May 1, 2015

April Recap

Miles:79.65

Races: Miles for Maria 6 hour

Highpoint: Running wise, it was the 6 hour. I was unsure of it going in, but I learned a lot and am happy with how it turned out.  On a personal level, I became an aunt for the first time to a 10lb, 23.5 inch linebacker bundle of joy. Yep, we are tall folks.

Not so Highpoint: Running wise I am pretty happy with the month. Maybe I could have been more consistent, but I upped my mileage and began working on speed again, both steps in the right direction. Personally, I am a little bummed I haven't had a chance to meet my nephew yet, but I will in July and at this rate he will probably be as tall as me by then.

New item of the month: I ran my first timed event (see above) and loved it (not just because of the Fritos) and went to my first non-running event at a running store: Ladies Night Out at Road Runner Sports. I'll be honest, I'm not a big shopper. In fact, I'm a pretty horrible shopper, but I had fun at this event. The best part is that I even learned something while I was there. Not only should you not put your sports bras in the dryer (confession: I've been known to do this when in a hurry), but they also should be retired before their first birthday because the elastic wears out. So treat your ladies right (or your lady's ladies) and replace that old, faded one (you know you have one... or four).

What I am excited for next month: May is kind of a blank slate for me right now, or as I like to think of it, full of possibilities. I have no races on the calendar, but 50k training will start. I get to see my family, which is awesome and even get to take a couple days off work (I've taken 2 day off since July and both of them were for marathons, lol). Safe to say, these days off will involve running as well. I'm still undecided on a 'new' item for the month (I have a few ideas), but if you have any recommendations, let me know!

How was your April? What are you looking forward to in May?

12 comments:

  1. Wow, that is a big baby! Congrats on becoming an aunt! I'm looking forward to putting in some solid training and racing a half at the end of the month.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He looks like a 3 month old. It's hilarious. Thanks!

      Delete
  2. Sounds like you had a great month! Congratulations on all you've accomplished. My April was incredibly busy. I'm hoping things will calm down a bit in May so I can do some more things with my blog and get in some more running mileage!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You had a busy and exciting April! So many changed to keep you on your toes. I am excited to see how things go in May for you as you settle into a routine.

      Delete
  3. Whoops. I wash all my sports bras, dry them, and keep them for years.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ditto. I tried to act all cool at the store like I knew better. Not sure anyone bought it.

      Delete
  4. Congrats on the new family member. Def sounds like a linebacker lol.

    The 6 hr run was pretty awesome and I look forward to your training for the 50k

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the new healthy edition :)
    May is wide open for me too. Just trying to keep moving, with out pain!
    I had no idea I really should not be drying my sports bras, I always do.
    Your training plan last year seemed to go really well for the 50K, are you pulling out the same one again?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Karen! I had the same thought at the store. I couldn't think of a sportsbra that I own that is less than 2 years old. Whoops! I am going to use basically the same plan with a few modifications for things I already have on the schedule.

      Delete
  6. my may is nuts! wide open sounds fun. :) curious what you are doing with your time off and your new activity for the month..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's kind of weird to have an open month. Good luck with you busy May! :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...